Completely Stalled...

Options
Hi everyone, first post on here, please be nice...

Been doing MFP for 5 weeks now, for the first 4 i lost 3lbs every week, but this week its been only 0.4lb!

Ive been sticking to my calorie goal, (1510 cals per day), only going over one a week every week, and only ever by less than 100 cal.

It's bee a disappointing week, especially as I dont understand why I havent lost anything.

All the best,

Sam.

Replies

• tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You lost 0.4 that is not ''completely stalled" Congrats on your loss so far and keep at it.
  • cy10950
    cy10950 Posts: 5
    Options
    Always, the initial weight your body starts to shed is water weight: that's why it comes off like nothing! Then, as you can see in your case, the body starts to actually burn fat; not just water. This is why your weight loss rate has went down-- your body is actually burning fat now--much tougher than water! Do NOT get discouraged because of the slower weight loss rate-- your body needs time to work its magic and do its thing.... All in all, this is great news-- You're on the right track!
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Don't get discouraged! Most people lose rather quickly when they first start out, at least that has been my experience. A safe loss is about 1-2 pounds a week. Some weeks may be lower & some you may even stay the same. Don't get frustrated and keep at it! A slow steady pace is the safest way to go! Your headed in the right direction !! :)
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You have lost a lot of weight quickly, you should not expect to lose that much for ever, its bound to slow down, keep going it will come off
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks all!

I'm gonna keep going till I get down to around 160-170lbs, I'm 203 at the moment, so a way to go yet but I'm not giving up.
  • LynneyMetcalf
    LynneyMetcalf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dont give up, you are doing great :happy:
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam!

Nothing different to say besides what everyone else has said, but I wanted to throw in my congratulations as well--every little bit counts and you are doing fantastic! 0.4 down is great! It means you are making sustainable changes, so good on you!

Keep up the good work :)