wake up call

Options
I had a nice wake up call today. I walked by a church with a public Zumba program going on. We stopped to observe for a minute and I heard a really healthy and fit looking girl talking about needing to lose weight. I told my boyfriend how I *wished* I looked like her. I mean what was she so upset about? If I was that size I could totally lose the few pounds she needed to meet her goal....He then pointed to a much larger woman, covered in sweat, panting and just trying to keep up and said "You know, that lady there is probably thinking the same thing about you."
I felt so small when I realized that. All of our journeys are different and all of them are hard. Just remember to keep it in perspective. Even if you need to lose 100 pounds, there is someone out there trying to lose 200. Stay positive and don't make judgements, and don't envy anyone because you have no idea what they had to go through to get where they are. As long as you focus on being healthy and trying your best, the results will show and everything will be okay :)

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I had a nice wake up call today. I walked by a church with a public Zumba program going on. We stopped to observe for a minute and I heard a really healthy and fit looking girl talking about needing to lose weight. I told my boyfriend how I *wished* I looked like her. I mean what was she so upset about? If I was that size I could totally lose the few pounds she needed to meet her goal....He then pointed to a much larger woman, covered in sweat, panting and just trying to keep up and said "You know, that lady there is probably thinking the same thing about you."
    I felt so small when I realized that. All of our journeys are different and all of them are hard. Just remember to keep it in perspective. Even if you need to lose 100 pounds, there is someone out there trying to lose 200. Stay positive and don't make judgements, and don't envy anyone because you have no idea what they had to go through to get where they are. As long as you focus on being healthy and trying your best, the results will show and everything will be okay :)

he's a keeper. just sayin'.
  • kimmykailani
    kimmykailani Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    he's a keeper. just sayin'.

lol thanks. He is my rock through all of this. It's good to have a support system that is kind but firm. He constantly says he will love me no mater what I look like, but because he knows it is important to me, he will always push me when I don't want to work out.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yes so true everyone has there own goals to be reached i just want to be able to go in any store and buy off the rack and be there for my family
  • jensterk
    jensterk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That was an amazing post. You're right...perspective is everything! Thanks for this one. :flowerforyou:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Great post! :-)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thoughtful post...
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I get motivated from the before and after pics....I got my before and so wanting to put up my after but I have not reached my goal yet. Your right everybody is here for the same goal and some of us will get there before the others but that's OK.