Question on 1,925 a day goal. HELP!

Options
:smile: I'm really new to this calorie counting system. I placed my information "I.E. Current Weight, Weight goal, age, etc" and have been on avarage 170 calories below my target limit of 1.925 a day for the past week and a half. Is this how this weight loss system works? I don't do much exercise, I work nights from 11pm to 7am and I'm 50 years old. Please can someone fill me in on this info....Thank you so much in advance. :ohwell:

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well but from what I understand the 1925 goal is just a guideline. If you have energy and feel satisfied with less then by all means eat less. The objective is to eat less calories then you use in a day. Make sure you are accurate when you log a small difference in measurement can be a big calorie difference. For example 1/4 cup of shredded cheese is 100 cal that means just 2 1/2 tablespoons more adds 50 calories.

- don't eat more if you are satisfied
    - make sure the quantities you are logging are accurate

Hope this helps
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Good advice here^^^,, and I would advise that you incorporate some excercise into you regime, on a regular basis.
    Wishing you all the best with your weight loss xx
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Your daily goal already has a deficit built in, so even if you eat your goal, you will lose weight. 1800ish is great in my opinion. Just try not to go too far below your goal because over time you will get tired, crabby etc, and it will eventually slow down weight loss efforts. Eating more is such a healthier way to lose weight, because its so much more realistic. Eating too little will often backfire!! It has for me so many times. Now I eat 2222 calories a day because I don't have much to lose, and I am a much happier person when I get to eat. I love food.
    I don't eat exercise calories back unless I burn too many and I net too few calories. Also, you can eat your exercise calories back. By exercising, you are lowering the net calories, and you don't want that too low. Hope this makes sense and helps!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    exercise helps in making you 'healthier' so you should do it. eating at a deficit will help you lose weight (but when you lose weight you also lose a lot of muscle - not just fat - so you should be exercising to help keep your muscle!) As you lose weight, your calorie goal will decrease - if you exercise you are allowed more calories (and yes you should eat some of them back -- serious advice from someone who has lost 120 lbs NOT eating at a 1200 calorie a day diet like a lot of folks on here).... Your body needs fuel. you have to feed it properly. Try to put as much food - HEALTHY CHOICES - as you can into your 1925 calories a day. eat every 2-3hours. Best of luck!! :)
  • lowdog5
    lowdog5 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you Mary, I'm actually keeping my count about 150+ calories below the target goal for the day just because of the measurement + or - ......and I've went from 325lbs on April 2nd to 306lbs today (April 26th). And this is with little to no exercise. I just posted another topic about losing without exercising and waiting for feedback....Thank you so much for the info.
  • lowdog5
    Options
    Good advice here^^^,, and I would advise that you incorporate some excercise into you regime, on a regular basis.
    Wishing you all the best with your weight loss xx

Hi Jana,
    I want to do more excercise but timing is killing me, I work night shift and I'm working on getting some excercise in there, I'm actually keeping my count about 150+ calories below the target goal for the day just because of the measurement + or - ......and I've went from 325lbs on April 2nd to 306lbs today (April 26th). And this is with little to no exercise. I just posted another topic about losing without exercising and waiting for feedback....Thank you so much for the info.
  • lowdog5
    Options
    Your daily goal already has a deficit built in, so even if you eat your goal, you will lose weight. 1800ish is great in my opinion. Just try not to go too far below your goal because over time you will get tired, crabby etc, and it will eventually slow down weight loss efforts. Eating more is such a healthier way to lose weight, because its so much more realistic. Eating too little will often backfire!! It has for me so many times. Now I eat 2222 calories a day because I don't have much to lose, and I am a much happier person when I get to eat. I love food.
    I don't eat exercise calories back unless I burn too many and I net too few calories. Also, you can eat your exercise calories back. By exercising, you are lowering the net calories, and you don't want that too low. Hope this makes sense and helps!!

Hi Leeann1979, Yes, I'm trying to keep it just below my daily target goal, Since April 2nd i've went from 325lbs to 306lbs today (April 26th). and this is with little to no excercise. My calorie count has been lowered to 1820 a day now and I'm keeping that around 1700-1750. And it seems like everytime I get on the scale a pound is gone. Drinking nothing but water everyday (With Mio 0cals) about 6-8 glasses, I want to get some excercise in my routine soon.....Thanks for all the help!