Blue fingers and depressed..Anyone with experince?

Options
Changed my diary so I will eat 2,000 kcal for a week or two. Then I have to upper it to about 2,200 and maybe 2,400. My body has become a total mess. No weight-loss and just tired, cold (like my fingers gets blue sometimes!! eew) and feeling depressed all the time. Then I will go back on track with a lower calorie goal again. But not a crazy one! Hope I wont gain too much these days..

Anyone who has experiences anything around this?

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    What were you eating before you upped the calories? It sounds like you might have been eating way too low. I might go see a doctor if you aren't starting to feel better.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I don't want to alarm you, but if you are experiencing blue fingers this can be a symptom of something serious...see a doctor NOW or ring a health professional, do not mess around. hopefully this is nothing but it is not worth the risk.

Just type in cause of blue fingers into your search engine.

Please seek medical attention immediately.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Your symptoms sound like you may need to speak to your doctor and get york bloods checked....could be as simple as anaemia, but I have lupus and raynauds ....which turned my peripheries blue, but I had a lot of pain withit!
    Don't want to alarm you, a simple blood test will hopefully help though.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have experience with blue fingers. It's not linked to depression. That doesn't sound super common, and I think it's worth heeding the advice of others here and seeking medical attention for it.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would go see a doctor. Those are not normal weight loss/lower calorie symptoms. Moody and tired yes but so cold that you have blue fingers. That sounds circulatory in nature. And I see from a lot of your responses we are all in agreement. You are trying to take care of you self so go take care of yourself! Be smart and go get professional advice from a doctor.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    i have raynauds and have been known to turn blue at times.

should go to your doctor though
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree, have your doctor look for anemia and/or a circulation problem
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had anemia. if you also feel week expecially late trough the day you don't probably eat enough.
    but that was my experience.