I'm new......from Duluth, MN

Options
Hi everyone.....my name is Kaylor, and my wife Karen (mountainbiker65) invited me here to help with a weight problem I'm having. After fighting with my common sense, and being the only holdout in the family who smoked, I finally quit in December (12/22). Now I've found myself putting whatever isn't nailed down, into my mouth. This has caused me to gain about 30 pounds, and I've
replaced that addiction with an unhealthy Wint-O-Green Life Savers addiction (what are the odds..LOL)!

My wife has enjoyed great success here, and I'm hoping to have success here as well. My clothes are getting tight and uncomfortable, and at the same time, my smoking quit has allowed me to breathe again, but now I get winded from carrying all this extra weight around....something has to change, or I'll be miserable.

That's why I'm here now, to drop these extra pounds, learn to eat healthy, continue with not smoking, and make some good friends in the process. Now that sounds like a plan! My wife Karen has already shown me around the site here, and I plan to be here daily for your help and support.

Thank you,

Kaylor

Replies

• Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome aboard hubby. I think you will find this site a great source of support and make a lot of good friends here as well.

Love you,

Karen
  • dw61574
    dw61574 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's wonderful, I chew and quit, did the same thing.....gained 30 lbs. started this my fitness pal and and lost 40 lbs. what would we do without our wives! She too got me started here.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I quit on Jan 26, 2012 cold turkey after developing blood clots in my heart and legs. I gained 10 pounds back that I had previously lost and the light bulb went on in my head and I realized that I was trading one addiction for another.My trigger was when I drank alcohol but I had quit drinking the year before so no excuses.Exercising , lots of water and planning my daily meals and logging everything that goes in my mouth has helped.Start with hand weights and work your way up and walk at least 30 minutes a day.Good luck and add me as a friend if you are serious!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Duluth mmmm I'm from international falls. I to quit smoking 3 years ago. Nice job on quiting it's a huge Accomplishment but yes same here the weight came with it. I'm on here daily Probly to much but it's a huge help. Feel free to friend me if your serious just a warning I'm not afraid of deleting people.
  • gsfreeman2
    gsfreeman2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kaylor and best of success in your weight loss battle. I'm down in the Cities myself. Sugar is also a hard addiction. I would love to chat with you more sometime... I am fighting the good fight (weight loss) now.

Take care!

-Greg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Kaylor sounds like a super villain name. Tell me, if you were a super villain, what kind would you be?
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    40 miles south of TC's here. Will be up in Duluth in June. Daughter is running Grandma's. Hopefully the weather will improve by then. It is snowing again here today. Township quit plowing last week and I had to walk in the car tracks this morning as I was pelted by little snow pellets.

Congratulations on giving up smoking best of luck to you!
  • kteiger54
    Options
    Well, first of all Whierd...I would be a Super Hero, not a Super Villian. And this Super Hero, who will now be called "Blind Justice" would make the world a better place for every one, by stamping out injustice and living life according to the Golden Rule. :bigsmile:
  • Zereoue20
    Zereoue20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Blind Justice, lol. To me it's a lot easier than I would have thought. I went from probably 6 Mountain Dews a day to 0, and don't miss it at all. I was lucky am not very overweight, which is a miracle considering the garbage I ate and drank. I hope you find the transition as mostly painless as I have.