Body Wrap question....

Options
I am wanting to get a body wrap hoping that it will jump start my whole diet/losing weight goal, is it a good idea or a waste of money????

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    Waste of money! I did it once. Basically it gets all the water out of your body and you may lose a little bit of inches, but not significant enough for the money. It does make your skin super smooth.
  • Sarandipity
    Options
    From what I have learned it isn't useful as a weightloss tool as it does mostly remove water. I was told that it would help with the skin that may be saggy or stretched from being overweight. I found a cosmetolgy school that does them for $40 so I am willing to try that. even if it just improves the softness of my skin it will be worth it for me at this point.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    with all the water weight you lose, you have to replace it with water or you'll get dehydrated.. seems kinda pointless.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    with all the water weight you lose, you have to replace it with water or you'll get dehydrated.. seems kinda pointless.

Yeah, I second this. I got one to try really cheap at Marshalls. It just made me horribly dizzy and thirsty after a walk because it just makes you sweat. That's all.
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    I did a body wrap. It feels great but you only lose the inches temporarily. it does make your skin smoother and tighter. Not worth the money until after the weight is gone.
  • jenniffer86
    jenniffer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did the body wraps. I loved them, and would do them again, if I could afford it! lol =( bit pricey for what it is I think. However, I did like 4 or 5 wraps, can't remember, and I lost a total of 18inchs, around my whole body
    6inch on each leg, 4inch off my tummy and 2 off my arms!
    It probably was water weight.. but when you see results like that, it sure helps u get excited! plus my skin was firmer, and softer.. if u know what I mean.. :wink:
  • jaycarrion
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, it was very helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I did the body wraps. I loved them, and would do them again, if I could afford it! lol =( bit pricey for what it is I think. However, I did like 4 or 5 wraps, can't remember, and I lost a total of 18inchs, around my whole body
    6inch on each leg, 4inch off my tummy and 2 off my arms!
    It probably was water weight.. but when you see results like that, it sure helps u get excited! plus my skin was firmer, and softer.. if u know what I mean.. :wink:

Me too!!!

And after you get the body wrap done, if you eat a natural, unprocessed eating plan, you won't gain the water weight back either...............
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Came across this topic today. I use these body wraps for tightening skin if you are still looking for them. It is not water loss weight like salon wraps. It gets your body to release the fat stored in the tissue and your lymph system passes it out of your body. Check them out! You are encouraged to drink water to help the process. It really helped me after having the kids and I use them once a week now to keep up with my weight loss (to tighten the skin as I go).

http://www.itworks.net/trishadux
  • fbledsoe
    fbledsoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do at home body wraps. Mix distilled water, aloe, epson or sea salt, and olive oil. Heat mixture and wrap starting at the ankles with elastic bandages then cover with saran wrap. You will lose inches, and they seem to stay off for several days and your skin feels wonderful. (It's like a day at the spa)