No packaged, no processed food ideas..

Options
Teran0612
Teran0612 Posts: 263
So I decided to give up all packaged and processed foods for 7 days... No yogurt, cottage cheese, condiments.. pasta, bread, rice.. Nothing. I set my goal at 7 days, because I honestly thought I MIGHT make it through two days.. But I did it! So now I have decided to do it 6 days at a time.. With the 7th day being my reward day.. I don't plan on going all crazy.. Like today will be spaghetti, corn and garlic bread.. I'm using whole wheat pasta, and the sauce isn't packaged.. I started out with 8lbs of fresh on the vine tomatoes.. cooked the tomatoe sauce I made from them for 12 hours.. added the tomato puree I made from them, and some carrots, onions and celery.. And it's been slow cooking like that for 12 hours.. My house smells amazing. I am going to add greek yogurt, almond milk, and sugar free jello into my food "allowances".. Maybe even some almonds. I know I will need the calcium.. And the sugar free jello is perfect for my sweet tooth cravings.. Most times all the fruit I ate got me through for those.. But sometimes I just wanted something different.. Luckily I love to cook and just throw stuff together, so that aspect was easy.. I came up with a lot of new food ideas, and yummy snacks.. But thought I would see what your favorite recipes or snacks are

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love fish and veg, in any combination. I like to oven roast Mediterranean veg like courgettes (zucchini), red onion, peppers, with a splash of balsamic, and then nestle a chunky lump of fish (salmon, cod, sea bass) on the veg for about the last 20 mins of cooking. If cheese or breadcrumbs aren't off the menu a little sprinkling of these on top is nice.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    That sounds good!! I have cooked a lot of veggies! I made some zucchini chips for my fresh guacamole I made! So good.. I will definitely try this!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump--good idea!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    I made homemade spaghetti sauce that I slow cooked for pretty much 36 hours... It was soooo good! 58 calories for one serving (1/2 cup) Today was my treat day, so I have had whole wheat spaghetti with the sauce, 2.5oz of french bread, corn, and I'm sipping on a Straw Ber Ita now... I'm not a beer drinker, but so far it's ok.. Thank goodness for the hour on the treadmill tonight! (Go figure working off my reward dinner!) :)