30 DS + Cardio??

Options
hlgriffin08
hlgriffin08 Posts: 16 Member
Those of you who are doing 30 DS or have done it, did you include additional cardio workout while doing this? If so, what did you do?
Looking for some suggestions because I know I need to keep up my cardio workouts while doing this video. ????
Please and thank you!!

Replies

• MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I include the elliptical or brisk walks.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on day 7 and I also do around 20-40 minutes of alternating walking/running on my treadmill.

I usually do the video first because I get too tired after the treadmill and can't put that much effort in than if I did the video first :)
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    Yes! I walked/jogged for an hour and then did day 1 today.... Thought I was gonna die! Hahaha definitely doing the video first from now on!
  • ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did this, and on the days I didn't do the 30 DS I did zumba. Worked well for me:)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I do a few miles on the elliptical 4 or 5 days a week along with 30DS.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I run. A lot.
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!! ????????
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hey hlgriffin88 how do you like the 30 Day Shred so far? It was just the right level of intense for me!

I am doing the 30 Day Shred right now, and going to my gym 6x a week, and getting my regular dose of cardio there. Sixty minutes, more or less- I try to burn around 350-400 calories per workout session. :)
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    im starting the 30 day shred on Monday along with the 30 day squat and the 30 day ab challenge
    Plus a 25 min jog three times a week AND Aqua aerobics one evening a week
    haha x
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone who only did 30 DS and found success? I just don't have enough time or energy right now to add more to it. This 30 ds alone is kicking my butt.
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS for 2 or 3 days in a row, and on the next day doing my weights/ cardio routine at the gym. I know others are focussed on doing 30days straight - but I have heard that this is the way that JM recommends it. Started on 1 April, and about to start Level 2 tomorrow.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I mixed it up between 30DS and and running 2-4 times a week.
  • xtinaaj
    xtinaaj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone who only did 30 DS and found success? I just don't have enough time or energy right now to add more to it. This 30 ds alone is kicking my butt.

I finished the shred yesterday and did it without anything else. I had great results, -3lbs, and overal -9 inches. But i think that i would have had more results if i did additional cardio. So now Im planning to do ripped in 30 + extra cardio. If you don't have the time to do something extra, just do the shred, it Will be enough to get satisfing results!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I did 30+days of Cardio before I started strength training, it built a good foundation for not getting out of breath. I workout 6-7 days a week.
  • jessliz90
    jessliz90 Posts: 21
    Options
    Today is only day 4 of level one for me, but I have stuck with my regular cardio plan so far. Jogging on Sunday, Tuesday, cross train Wednesday, jog on Thursday, and jog on Saturday. So far I've been able to keep up with doing both!
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just started it and I'm including jogs/walks using the Zombies, Run! application. I give myself Thursdays and Sundays to rest from both. I don't want to be overwhelmed, but I want to ensure that I'm building both muscular strength and cardiovascular endurance. 30 DS DOES encourage both, but I think it's a little light on the cardio. If you're able to keep up with both and giving yourself some time to rest and rebuild, I say go for it!
  • hlgriffin08
    Options
    Hey hlgriffin88 how do you like the 30 Day Shred so far? It was just the right level of intense for me!

I am doing the 30 Day Shred right now, and going to my gym 6x a week, and getting my regular dose of cardio there. Sixty minutes, more or less- I try to burn around 350-400 calories per workout session. :)

I really like it too! I have started it before but never made to level 2 because of a crazy schedule or because I was so sore I was hating Jillian. Lol but I have loved seeing all the amazing results from people who have finished so I'm going to stick to it this time!
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of 30DS. After or before my shred I run on the treadmill for 20 minutes and burn 200 calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!