fitbit or nikefuel

Options
I am planning to make a present to my hubby to motivate him to be more active (smth he has said numerous times he wants to do).
I was originally thinking to buy a fitbit, but I saw that nikefuel is also very similar. Any advice as to which is best?

I like to idea of a sleep tracker, but I am not sure if fitibit has the function to record sport activity (i.e. when playing soccer for example). I have read that the nike fuelband has it, but it does not have the sleep tracker.

Also, if there is another similar product of another brand I would happy to hear it. Bodymedia is not an option b/c he would not wear the strap around his arm (too bulky for him apparently).

Replies

• Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nobody using these?

:(

I could use your opinion!
  • amrodger
    amrodger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has the nikefuel and he loves it! He loves trying to beat his previous fuel score and they've recently added "mini" challenges where you try to earn X amount of fuel in Y amount of time or something similar. It has totally motivated him to get moving more so it works great for him.

I'm currently waiting for the fitbit flex. I like that it syncs with MFP so I'll be able to see my calorie expenditure and intake all in one place. Plus it will sync with some of the other running apps I use.

Jawbone also has a tracking wrist band called UP and it seems pretty similar to the other two as well...

Seems like it might just be personal preference and what information you want to see more.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    love my FITBIT totally addicted to it!
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the link! and thanks to everyone for the replies.
  • Lili_Bunny
    Options
    I have had a nike fuelband since last may and I have to say it is a failure.

I loved it so much - the points, the webapp. It's really a great idea and motivated me a ton to get my workouts in and be more active.

HOWEVER. I have literally gone through 5 fuelbands within the last year. They break really easily. Sometimes it's the accelerometer, sometimes the software goes bad, sometimes the hardware gets corrupted. Of course, they will replace it for free if any of this happens, but frankly, after four different bands failed me, I was sick and tired of the constant replacements. My most recent band just failed a couple of weeks ago and I think I'm done with it now. Maybe in a few years they'll get their technology up to speed but until then I'm looking for something else.