Need some friends to push me!

Options
I am sending out a plea for friends that can really help to push me. I lost 28 pounds with a number of good people, but a lot of folks just seem to fall away, which seems to be very sad and discouraging. People seem to drop off and pop in later saying their life is so miserable, etc. Well, I don't want to get tied up in that and I've had to delete a lot of negativity! I REALLY need some new friends! Over the past 3 months, I have lost the motivation I had and have managed to put on 6 pounds. Is there someone out there willing to help encourage me back to doing good with upbeat motivation!

Replies

• CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello there, Josiea.

I'd be honored to help you out in any way that I can. Since I'm just starting on this journey and still have another 25-30 pounds to lose, I'll be around for some time. :smile: And quite honestly, upbeat is something that seems to come naturally to me.

Sure, I might have some bad days here and there, but overall I'm far more positive than negative.

So, if you want to send me a friend request, I'll be honored to accept it. And by the way, love the rainbow!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I'm in but only if you're standing at the top of the stairs. :laugh:

Friends are great, but in the end the only person who can support you is you. You're the only person who is there 24 hours a day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm in but only if you're standing at the top of the stairs. :laugh:

This.

Or oncoming traffic.

:flowerforyou:
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm going to be around for a long time, with the amount I have to lose! I'm always happy to help! :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • jjkale
    jjkale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It is so great to have a lot of friends on MFP to help. I will definately be your friend.
  • hoffma25
    hoffma25 Posts: 36
    Options
    I would love to help out! A strong friend network, whether in-person or otherwise has been fundamental in my weight-loss journey!
  • jsmart12
    jsmart12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined and want to loose 30 pounds. Maybe we can help each other. Keep each other on track.
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    Hi there! I too had lost motivation and fell off the wagon twice..I learned after those 2 times that I couldn't let overwhelming stress in my life get to me like that. My way of thinking is that I can't afford to think like that anymore. I need to be healthy and happy and I deserve that. I have been pushing myself everyday and I have been making better choices. I work out now for 40 minutes straight..strenuous circuit training and I love walking and doing household chores. I do love all the activity I partake in and I also love eating healthy..it's my fuel along with ice cold water! Anyway I am always looking for friends and I love motivating others! We can do this..it's mind over matter in my opinion really.
  • Memccrocklin
    Memccrocklin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, 28 pounds is great! I know you can recover from the recent setback! I've been thinking about finding a few friends for motivation and accountability, too. :smile:
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add I have 30lb to loose and fell off the wagon for past 8 weeks and managed to put on the weight since I last fell off th3 wagon back on it now looking for friends to helps :D