Looking for some friends

Options
If you are looking for someone to bounce idea's off of, or just for some cooperative feedback, I am looking to add to my support group to keep myself (and vice-verse) on track.

My background
I am a 45 yr, old, married father of 2 teenage girls. I teach high school math and also work summer doing construction. Love golf, and hockey.

I have been in-and out of shape all my life, fluctuating from 200lbs to 235lbs in approx 10 year cycles.
I am now seriously dedicated to getting back in amazing shape and am off to a great start, losing 5 lbs in 3 weeks, and rediscovered the will to control my eating, increase cardio and maintain my weight training (which I have always kept up anyway)

I have been in really good shape, a few times in my life (been about 10 years since I was at my prime though!) so my real challenge is not going to be losing the weight, it will be maintaining it as generally after a year or 2 I tend to lose the fire that drives me. I know a fair bit about proper eating habits and training, but don't always practice what I preach :)

Would love to offer support, motivation, praise, ideas, or just be a voice in the wilderness and a soundboard for friends with similar goals, interests, life stories, etc.

I am open to communicating with people of all ages, so please send me a message and lets use the power of community to help each-other out!

Replies

• treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me if you would like. :) I could always use some more support and motivation, and I love giving the same to other people.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like as well. I try to keep my friends motivated and offer support when I can.

I'm a 42-year old mom of a bunnie, lol!

:smile:
  • TurtlePinkGreen
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I am 29 Active Navy Seabee. I try to keep my friends motivated and they do the same for me!
  • sashd77
    sashd77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me need all th help I can get need to loose about 10 before my wedding in June may not sound a lot but really struggling!!!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    feel free to add if you'd like
  • GottaHavePav
    GottaHavePav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me...will send a friend request
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. :drinker: