Small Scale Victory!

Options
Ennielyn
Ennielyn Posts: 27 Member
Alright guys, I wanted to share my little experience this weekend. So, I joined MFP around the end of March, and since then (~2 weeks, I've lost a total of 10 pounds). I've been exercising daily, staying within my calorie goals, eating clean, etc. However, yesterday, I attended a baby shower, and although I had made plans to keep myself from yielding to the temptation of eating any calorie-laden foods that may be available at the shower, I found my self totally falling short. Prior to the shower, I had filled myself up with my delicious home-made sauteed mushrooms, spinach and broccoli, and I thought this was adequate preparation. Anyway, I got to the shower and initially stuck to my plans, having some carrots, salsa, pickles, etc - you know the healthy stuff. However, everyone kept raving about how good the samosas, dumplings, etc were. I eventually gave in and tried 1 samosa - and then another, and then another, and by the time I knew it, I had eaten 3 samosas, 1 pork dumpling, 2 sticks of some tasty pastry with chicken filling (not sure what it's called) and a slice of cake. I felt terrible that I had probably ruined my entire week of hard work.

This morning was weigh-in morning, and I dreaded stepping on that scale. I initially had planned to postpone the weigh-in to Wednesday to give myself time to recover from this, lol. I somehow managed to summon the courage to do it, and to my very pleasant surprise, the scale stayed put at 158! (same as the day before, and even looked more like 157; I have an old school manual scale). Furthermore, my abs, which have started to have some definition (thanks to JM's 30-Day Shred - I'm on day 6, level 1) stayed the same. I can't tell you how relieved I am. Whew! Now, back to business :-)

Replies

• LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    Awesome news, but a cheat day is ok, it's helps us stay on track, knowing that one day a week we can have whatever we want..great job..
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    Great going! Remember a little bit of what yo fancy is ok though...Otherwise Id have gone dtir crazy by now lol
  • Ennielyn
    Options
    Thanks guys. I just felt the pressure a little bit because I'm in a wedding that's scheduled to take place in exactly 1 month, and the dress has been ordered already. This is why I'm much more stricter with myself for this time period. But I agree with you guys that one cheat day here and there is fine :-)
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We all have those days once in a while. You are doing fine lady! Keep it going!! :drinker:
  • Ennielyn
    Options
    Thanks, Slim :)
  • annanderson77985
    annanderson77985 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not encouraging you to do this often, but I've found that sometimes after the days I overdid it, I actually showed a weight loss.. I think the body needs to be assured that it's not on the brink of starvation. So, a few extra calories occasionally actually helps rather than hurts..
  • NancyQR28
    NancyQR28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome news, but a cheat day is ok, it's helps us stay on track, knowing that one day a week we can have whatever we want..great job..

I agree, a cheat day is good. You don't feel deprived and I've heard that having a cheat day gets your metabolism going. Great job on losing the 10lbs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!