Need some input/help please?

I'm a 50 yr. old guy, I've lost about 75lbs in the last 2 to 3 years cutting out processed food, and since January 2013 have been working out 5-6 days a week, 2 days with a trainer.
Problem is I'm getting fit, but not losing lbs. I was thinking of a 6 meal a day plan 1800 calories. My cardio is limited due to a knee injury that will be repaired shortly, but bike, rowing, walking I can handle. I've heard about interval training?
I need to get 60 more lbs. off somehow. I need a plan laid out ,that's easy to follow. I need some help please?

Replies

• crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Hey Dan...If you want some input, it would help if you open up your food diary so we can see what you have been eating.

Also we need to know more of your stats...weight, height, BF%, calories you are currently eating.....

Without this info, we really can't give you more than try this or try that.

You have come to the right place for help and encouragement.
  • I just joined an hour ago ..I'll do that..thx
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    What is your exercise routine? Exercise duration? Perceived level of exertion? Do you incorporate weights? Sometimes your body will become accustomed (read efficient) at performing repetitive routines. Sometimes it is necessary to mix it up...change routines, change exertion level, change duration...to get things moving again. If you are eating at a calorie deficit and expending more calories than you ingest, you will lose weight. However, your actual caloric expenditure may be reduced by efficiency you have gained by being in better condition...you probably need to spend a little time re-evaluating your approach. Change it up a little and you will likely get right back on track.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Hi
    First of all hello and welcome, I find this the easiest thing to be involved in, I have tried to lose weight before but without success.

Having joined in February I have lost 17lbs and my fitness level is up, I use a static bike and strength exercises feel free to add me and I will try to motivate u that goes for anyone xx
  • I change it up almost each time at the gym concentrating on a kind of circuit training model, with pushups ,,jumping jacks between sets to keep my heart rate up .Eating is my issue and that's why I'd like to get a plan for 6 meals a day 1800 cals I cant find one.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    I'm a 50 yr. old guy, I've lost about 75lbs in the last 2 to 3 years cutting out processed food, and since January 2013 have been working out 5-6 days a week, 2 days with a trainer.
    Problem is I'm getting fit, but not losing lbs. I was thinking of a 6 meal a day plan 1800 calories. My cardio is limited due to a knee injury that will be repaired shortly, but bike, rowing, walking I can handle. I've heard about interval training?
    I need to get 60 more lbs. off somehow. I need a plan laid out ,that's easy to follow. I need some help please?

Sounds like my story. I adjusted my diet from low-carb to a plant-based diet back in January and broke my huge mufti-week plateau. Eating mostly raw/un-cooked vegetables dropped additional 18LBS (and brought my total cholesterol number to 138)

Welcome to look at my food plan and let me know if you have any questions.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member

Sounds like my story. I adjusted my diet from low-carb to a plant-based diet back in January and broke my huge mufti-week plateau. Eating mostly raw/un-cooked vegetables dropped additional 18LBS (and brought my total cholesterol number to 138)

Welcome to look at my food plan and let me know if you have any questions.

That's some menu I'm impressed x
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    I change it up almost each time at the gym concentrating on a kind of circuit training model, with pushups ,,jumping jacks between sets to keep my heart rate up .Eating is my issue and that's why I'd like to get a plan for 6 meals a day 1800 cals I cant find one.
    How do you insure your calorie expenditure is correct? Do you use a HRM?
  • RondaLeep
    RondaLeep Posts: 3 Member
    My husband, about the same age works out alot, be he lacks cardio. He started adding 30 minutes on the bike, but at night. No great effect. Since he switched the bike to 6 am, he started losing again. He is a big meat and potatoes guy. I have started boiling all meat. It tastes better than it sounds. You can boil and rinse hamburger down to 95% lean. Then I just stir fry the meat with his favorite flavors and veggies. He eats 90% of his meat and flour before dinner. Dinner salad is made with big chunky veggies. Zucchini is a dinner staple. It's a thick hearty food, that he feels like he is eating something, rather than just greens. He is doing about 2000 calories a day. Egg white scrambles are great. Eggs are cheap, and the whites are high in protien, low in calorie. My husband is doing a 3 meal 4 snack. This is approved by his doctor, but obviously may not be right for you.

Here is what my Husband had yesterday:

Breakfast cereal,1 serving with skim, 5 strawberries and 1/2 banana, 8 oz OJ 340 calories.

Snack 1. Salad with turkey and veggies, light ranch. 260 calories. Lite ranch ,water

Lunch 6 egg whites 1 slice of 2% american cheese, 2 roma tomatoes, ¼ of a red onion, ½ cup salsa 240 calories. Water.

Snack 2 any lean frozen meal 300 calories or less, 300 calories. water

Snack 3 any 100 sweet snack of choice. 100 calories

Dinner Large salad, lite ranch with veggies and 3 oz of chicken. Large cup of vegetable soup, 2 cups of 1% milk 420 calories

Snack 4- 1 cup Orange sherbet, 1, 100 calorie smart pop bag 314 calories.

Total Calories 1974
  • That sounds like what I'm after doing ty for sharing that. Boiled meat does sound bad lol I'll stick to lean cuts for now. I found a dairy for six meals a day I'll plan a day or two in advance. Fortunately I like , and eat a lot of whole foods don't eat to much crap, but as a friend suggested it adds up and I need to write it down.
    Thank You ,Doug:smile:
  • Yes I do and I keep my 45 minutes to 130 to 140 . Your correct my intake is over my burn.TY
  • RondaLeep
    RondaLeep Posts: 3 Member
    My hubby is 6 2. When he was a fanatic, he was benching and weight lifting 6 times a week. His healthy weight was between 190 and 220. Now as he has passed 45, and his work load has increased from 40 hours a week, to 65 a week, his workouts suffered, and had no energy after work. He is at an all time high of 275 pounds. He herniated a disc, making it even harder. I can only hope you have someone in your life pushing you, like I do for him. And if joining this website, was to seek a push, I will be happy to push!
    Best of luck