The worst part of exercise is...

Options
...taking off a sweaty sports bra. You know how it rolls up and makes it almost impossible to get the band over your shoulders? Hate that!

What do you think is the worst part of exercising?

(It should also go without saying that having to practically dislocate my shoulders to get my sports bra off is a small price to pay for the great feeling i get after I'm finished...I just need to be entertained :happy: )

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like something my doc once said to me...

"The hardest part about exercise is putting on your running shoes"

I agree. I think that's also the worst part...it's the time where I contemplate going back to bed :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%!
    ...taking off a sweaty sports bra. You know how it rolls up and makes it almost impossible to get the band over your shoulders? Hate that!

What do you think is the worst part of exercising?

(It should also go without saying that having to practically dislocate my shoulders to get my sports bra off is a small price to pay for the great feeling i get after I'm finished...I just need to be entertained :happy: )
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    To get my cats to realize that I am not on the floor to play with them. :)
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    everything
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    the motivation to get started!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The worst part of exercising is....exercising. I hate it. :)
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ...when I realize that I'm standing in front of the "fat" mirror in the gym. The gym at my office is mirrored on two walls, and most of the panels are pretty flattering. I always feel powerful and sexy when I see myself working out...with the exception of one panel that was clearly manufactured in hell. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the process!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I hate that I turn beet red and sweat like a beast. it'd be easier if I didn't have to go back home and shower before moving on with my day.
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ...when you hit the WALL and think OMG I can't do this anymore! That's when you have to push yourself harder :)
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    Not only do I agree about the sports bra 100%, I think about starting this same thread every time I have to take it off. I even got into a discussion with my mom about it while we were in the car together on Tuesday. She wears a sports bra all the time but never exercises so it doesn't get sweaty and gross. She just has her husband help her get it off. There's no way my boyfriend is gonna help me get a wet smelly sports bra off. He loves me, but probably not that much. Having bad elbows just makes it all worse.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    when I'm 5 miles from home, getting my running in, and I all of a sudden have the urge for an emergency bowel movement. scary stuff!
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sweating. I drip with sweat, it gets in my eyes and all over my Iphone... bleugh. It also makes my headphones stick to my head. Blleeurgh.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Having to sweep the tiled foyer before I work out because my boyfriend's dog sheds so damn much. UGH!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    When it's over:cry: , I LOVE to workout and could do it for hours and hours ...and well, hours. But I since I'm not looking to be a body builder 2 is usually what I do, sometime more if I take a class and I hate having to end my time at the gym. I just love how it makes me feel, good about me, clears my mind and energizes my body.

Guess I'm lucky I like it, I think it'd be really tough for me get very motivated if I hated excercise:ohwell:

Am I in the minority here?
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    The first 10 minutes. Ugh so many times I feel like I am going to dye after running the first mile, but once I get over that hump I am golden.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like it too.....
    especially the eye candy at the gym lol motivation!!!

one thing I dont like is wardrobe malfunctions...like shorts...they always ride up!! annoying
  • amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat. Maybe I'm weird. But I love coming home and peeling off my sweaty cloths. Reminds me of my hard workout.

what I dislike. Get to the gym and realize MP3 player is dead or I forgot my water bottle.

EVER WORSE....when people lurk over you while you workout. The annoying guy who is TOO close when your lifting. or the girl lingers as she waits for the weights. the guy who is talking too loud on his CELL PHONE while on the elliptical.

my workout time is MY TIME> I love it. I dislike when others cramp my time.

Overall I am very grateful I have the physical capability to exercise each and everyday. I have no disability preventing me for reaching my fitness goals. for this I am thankful and I tell myself this when the alarm goes off at 5:30am. most of the time it works!

I suggest everyone finding exercise they enjoy it wont seem as painful.

EXERCISE also clear my mind and sets me up for a :GOOD DAY!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When it's over:cry: , I LOVE to workout and could do it for hours and hours ...and well, hours. But I since I'm not looking to be a body builder 2 is usually what I do, sometime more if I take a class and I hate having to end my time at the gym. I just love how it makes me feel, good about me, clears my mind and energizes my body.

Guess I'm lucky I like it, I think it'd be really tough for me get very motivated if I hated excercise:ohwell:

Am I in the minority here?

Nope...I'm right there with you. LOVE working out. Love the sweat, love the out of the breath feeling, love going to failure with a pair of dumbbells. It makes me feel powerful. I'm sad when it's over and want to do it again, but know I'll break my body down if I do too much. So...for me the worst part of exercise is...

Rest day.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    the first 5 minutes!! If I can get thru that the next 55 or so go by just fine:drinker:
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    LOL, actually happened to me a week ago...

You discover that the guy who innocuously asks if you want to do a bit of kick-boxing training once a week is over twenty years younger, a martial arts blackbelt who started when he was 8, is 30 kg heavier... and that his kicks render the entire length of one's forearms a deep blue/black colour even with pads on.