HELP!

I'm beginning to get frustrated...I have a decent diet & I exercise 5 days a week (2 rest days, but 2 days I do 2 AM & PM workouts--so 7 workouts in 5 days), I'm 5'2" tall and weigh 129lbs. I know I'm not "fat" but I def have fat to lose & I'm not comfortable with my body--I want to lose about 10lbs of FAT. I do cardio & weight training. I use MFP to track my food & exercise...now to my frustration.
I RARELY get to my calorie goal (which I just increased after reading an article). Its not that I don't eat, I eat 5-6x/day.
Please don't judge & say "I'm sure you don't have weight to lose"--I do (I've seen those replies to others who are my size & have posted) How can I reach my calorie goal so I can lose weight??
Thanks!

Replies

• rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    it would be much more helpful if we knew how much you ate daily and could see your diary. you still may need to up your calories...who knows?
    also what types of workouts are you doing? at that size you might want to start lifting to gain muscle, which in turn will help you lose that last 10 lbs of fat you have left.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    The last 10 pounds are always the hardest. It won't happen over night.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Consider having your body fat measured and use that to judge your progress. Weight training can add pounds, as you are strengthing not just your muscles but also your bones. Taking measurements monthly (waist, hip, arm et al) will assure you that you are making progress.
  • francoll
    francoll Posts: 5 Member
    I had my MFP set to 1200 calories, but burn more than that with my workouts (I use a HRM so I know this for sure), I'm sure that under eating is the problem but I really don't know WHAT to eat that is a)healthy b)will help with muscle gain/fat loss. Today I increased my calories on MFP to 2000, I burned over 1300 at this morning's workout...
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    if you have upped it to 2000 and are burning 1300 a workout you are still only netting 700 calories a day. it is recommended to net at least 1200 a day...so you should increase your intake even more if you are really burning this much during your workouts.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Even better, you should find your BMR and at least net that number. Great info and tools here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

It's a long read, but well worth it. Step by step instructions, links to tools for calculating all your numbers. I've been eating accordring the info there for a year with awesome results.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Do you burn 1300 calories at each AM/PM workout you do? Is that 1300 calorie number from an HRM or similar device or an estimate from a machine?
    You never hit 1200 a day and do a 1000+ calorie workout? That means you have very little NET calories.
    So many questions, so maybe you could elaborate a little more on what you're eating/open your diary.

My guess is obviously that you are not eating enough.
  • francoll
    I have already done the things you all have suggested (read the in place of road map article, measured myself, changed my calorie requirements, etc) My original question/problem was eating enough to reach my calorie goals. Yes, I use a HRM so I know how many calories per workout I'm burning. Yes some days I net only a few hundred calories. I know this is why I'm not losing weight, but I don't know how to change it. I can't eat that much food, I eat until I'm full and I eat several times a day. I'm thinking of adding protein shakes for the protein and calories, have any of you done this? Results? I weight train 4 times/week. My weights have gone up & I have added muscle, now I need to get rid of the fat.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    If you are eating diet food, go back to full fat. If you are eating whole foods, add in nuts, avocados and healthy oils like olive oil.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    If you are eating diet food, go back to full fat. If you are eating whole foods, add in nuts, avocados and healthy oils like olive oil.

Yeah. ^^This. Nuts are calorie dense and small, so you should be able to eat enough by adding nuts and oils.

For protein, start eating steaks and eggs and fatty fish like salmon. 2000 calories is not that much food if you are using full fat dairy and adding oils and nuts.
  • francoll
    For protein, start eating steaks and eggs and fatty fish like salmon. 2000 calories is not that much food if you are using full fat dairy and adding oils and nuts.
    [/quote]

I don't eat red meat so steak is out, will go back to non-diet food & adding nuts/oils. Also going to try to add a protein shake in the morning...THANK YOU everyone for your advice! Back at it tomorrow :)