Toner Sneakers

Options
I have been thinking about starting the Couch to 5K program, but the only sneakers I have are a toner type of sneaker. Is it okay to run in those? I have the TrimFit ones from Tarzhey.

L

Replies

• DHERNAN81
    DHERNAN81 Posts: 5
    Options
    I heard that they are strictly for walking, not running, but don't quote me on that. An employee of Happy Feet Plus, a retail store for specialty shoes, had told me that with the original makers of the Tone ups, before all the other brands came out.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about starting the Couch to 5K program, but the only sneakers I have are a toner type of sneaker. Is it okay to run in those? I have the TrimFit ones from Tarzhey.

L

I'm on week 7 of the couch-2-5k program and tossed out my old sneakers for a nice new set of Nike+ running shoes on week 2. What a HUGE difference they made, well worth the $70 I paid for them at the local Nike factory outlet store. I ran for the first two weeks in an old pair of nike Air basketball shoes and regretted it.

They have the added advantage of tracking my runs in conjunction with my iPod nano with the addition of the nike+ sensor and receiver.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Hey i'm on week 7 too and just had to toss my old sneakers for a new set. feels much better for me too.
  • missiemccarley
    Options
    I tried walking, jogging my 2 miles in my sketcher shape ups and was miserable. Went back after two days of this to my older walking shoes.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I am going to have to wait until I can get a good pair of running shoes before I start the program. Oh well. Still me and my Wii!!

L
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    you cannot run in those shaping/toning shoes. I accidently had to once and it was HORRIBLE.

You must buy some kind of other running shoe or athletic shoe before attempting the C25K (I'll be starting week 6)