I just completed my first Sprint Triathlon

Options
VeeBethTris
VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
I wish I had pictures to share with but all I have for now is the self portrait I took (see profile pic) in the transition area waiting for my swim time to start. Once the race posts some pics/results I will have more information to share but for now I can you tell I just completed my first Sprint Triathlon and I am officially a Triathlete!!!

I am so darn proud of myself and considering where I was a year ago health wise it is an amazing transition. I won't bore you with all my health stuff but a year ago I started walking, dropped a bunch of weight (don't let anyone tell you that you can't lose from walking), hit the gym in January, started a C25K program, dropped another 20 in 4 months, did a 5k in March and signed up for this thing a week later.

I had a borrowed bike that I used today, the chain came off 3x during the race, and I fixed it myself all 3 times. The final time it was so badly wedged in there I almost gave up. I persevered and got it back on. I lost probably 20 minutes on my finish time but I did finish.

It wasn't pretty, it wasn't perfect, but I was passionate about completing this race. When I was done my kids told me I had grease all over my face, never mind all over my hands and fingers but I didn't care.

I was blessed to have a cheering section of my kids (and a huge volunteer group who were awesome) there from bike transition to run transition. My son came to meet me for the final 1/2 mile walk/run to the finish line. Lynchburg, Va is known as the Hill City so there was no shame in my game walking some of that steep climb. My son stayed with me the entire time. So blessed.

Replies

• sizzler0123
    Options
    So very very proud of you! And I am SO glad to hear you say you are proud of yourself too! I think when we have weight/eating issues we focus too much on our mistakes and bad days instead of realizing how far we have come, how much we have accomplished and how amazing we can truly be!!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's a really cool achievement!!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You're remarkable! So very happy and proud for you!
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    So proud to call you my friend. You are an inspiration to all of us. We are blessed to know you. Congrats!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! You go girl!:drinker:
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats! That's pretty amazing!
  • monivovo
    monivovo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!! You are an inspiration. Great for you!!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words <3
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!