Attention all Mommies In need of support

Options
Hello there. My name is Brianne and I'm the proud momma of my amazing 2 1/2 year old son. As I'm sure some of you can relate, I had a rough pregnancy and gained whopping 60lbs. I was already over weight to begin with and by my sons 1st Birthday party I was still 200lbs. at 5'4 tall. I was at rock bottom. I hated getting dressed because all of my clothes were too small and continued to wear maternity clothes well after my son was born. I was a full time stay at home (still am and breastfeeding which meant lots of time sitting in the rocker. My son liked to nurse throughout the night and to help keep myself awake, I would grab a bag of whatever was in the cupboard, cereal, crackers, cookies, and sit there and eat the entire package in one sitting. Although I was in love with my new role as a mother, I felt as though I had lost a piece of myself. I no longer felt attractive my husband and I just didn't have the self confidence I once had. Finally, after seeing pictures of myself at my sons first birthday party I knew that I had to do something to make a change. I wanted to have the energy to play with him at the park, to go for walks. I wanted to set a positive example for him, show him that being healthy and active can be enjoyable. I just wanted to be the best mother and wife I could possibly be.

After a few attempts at getting on track by myself, I became frustrated and new that I would need some support to help me along the way. That's when a very wonderful woman reached out to me and shared her experiences with me. She became that my beacon of light and the support that I needed to get on track and stay there once and for all. Since I first met her, a little over a year ago, I have lost 40lbs. 35 inches and almost half my body fat. I can see muscles I never knew existed. My eating has done a complete 180 and my family and I know enjoy a clean way of eating. Most importantly, I found myself again, and actually it's an even better version of me. The maternity clothes have been packed away and I'm wearing clothes that didn't fit before I was pregnant. I am able to keep up with my active son and my whole family has embraced a healthier lifestyle.

Why am I sharing this story with you? Because I have made it my mission to help other mom who have been where I have been, make a change they have been searching for. Someone was there for me when I needed it most and now it's my turn to be there for you. If you've been inspired by this post then I encourage you to reach out to me. Either friend and message me on here or over on Facebook at Brianne Kuks Goodwin or www.oneinspiredmama.com You are worth it and I believe you can live the life you deserve in the body you appreciate.

Replies

• Mrs_Ellie
    Options
    The best part of being a new Mom is that you will be on your feet for the next four years at least and you are in the increasing weight lifting program! That baby is going to gain weight and WIGGLE - live weight! You will do a lot of hauling groceries with a toddler in one arm and pretty soon you will be able to hold your own in an arm-wrestling contest with your husband! Stay at home Momma of little ones is better than going to the gym, and ought to be in the exercise section - you will burn a lot of calories doing all-day Momma stuff. All that activity should help you stay out of the fridge, too, if you go with the flow. Busy mealtimes (one bite for the Momma, one bite for the baby if you are spoonfeeding at the time) mean it is harder to overeat if you plan well and serve healthy food.
    We have several mothers of small ones in our ballet class, and it is really fun to see the little ones, but the Moms are the real inspiration. They are on this website too. My children all go to ballet with me - boys and girls, and we are on swim team together and I am considering joining their karate class. We homeschool and have mainly phys ed outside activities - lots of exercise and no homework! It really helps me to stay motivated when exercise is a family-wide event; I can't stand going to a gym. At 45, I am really enjoying being in ballet recitals; it is a huge motivator, including getting to wear beautiful costumes that make me feel much more attractive and THINNER. I will be a cat in our ballet expo in a few weeks, and I am super happy.
    Hang in there; you can do it. Just learn to live with yourself and work with how you are wired and find what works for you. Play in the park with your baby and push the stroller and enjoy flopping on the couch after a good Momma workout that lasts 14 hours! :flowerforyou: