Can anyone help with this? A bit concerned!

Options
Hi all,

I've been putting off posting this because I thought it was nothing but I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

Firstly, I eat 1720 calories a day roughly, I do the 30DS, bike, run and go on long walks almost daily.

I've always been a big drinker of water, at my old job I would be drinking water from the vending machine CONSTANTLY so I never thought anything of it. These past 2 days I've been suffering with dizzy spells, headaches, insomnia and a feeling of constantly being tired. I've found it really hard sometimes to stomach food but I still have been eating enough. I drink all of my water out of a plastic bottle which is a 1L so I'd hazard a guess that I down about 3 or 4 of these a day.

I've been going to the bathroom constantly throughout the day, I'd go and then by the time I'm back I need to go again. So it might seem reasonable that I stop drinking so much but it's like I feel dehydrated so I drink more, it's a vicious circle.

I have opened my diary in case it's my diet but I just wondered whether anyone has any advice. It's starting to really get me down because I can't do as much as I'd like to

Thank you

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    If you did not do anything much different in the past two days and you are feeling sick, please do not consult strangers on the internet - go see a doctor.....
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I would strongly suggest consulting with your physician.
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    If you did not do anything much different in the past two days and you are feeling sick, please do not consult strangers on the internet - go see a doctor.....

I am definitely planning to, I just wondered whether anyone on here could shed some light beforehand
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? You should check into this.....
    also, any chance you could be pregnant? UTI? WebMD has a very long list of potential causes for your symptoms.
    I would not panic because what ever you have going on won't be helped by panic.

http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=dizziness|fatigue|frequent-urge-to-urinate|frequent-urination&symptomids=81|98|110|107&locations=66|66|35|35
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You could try one of the mineral balanced rehydration drinks (dioralyte is very good as its designed to replace fluids and electrolytes post vomiting/diarrhoea) as they will up your electrolytes as well as fluid levels.

Diabetes also has the symptoms of excessive thirst and urination though so see the doctor
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments.

I suppose I do drink about 1.5-2L more than I ever used to so I'm concerned that I might just be drinking too much? I read that when you drink too much it washes out some of the essential minerals in your body?

It could just be me being silly though
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

I suppose I do drink about 1.5-2L more than I ever used to so I'm concerned that I might just be drinking too much? I read that when you drink too much it washes out some of the essential minerals in your body?

This is true, although, you would have to be drinking a great deal over a gallon a day. I don't think it is your water. Maybe try drinking less water and see if it does anything for you.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ^^ too much water will dilute electrolytes such as sodium and potassium, all of them need to be balanced correctly for your body to function properly. hence the suggestion about trying the rehydration sachets :-)
  • kodakmemories
    Options

This is true, although, you would have to be drinking a great deal over a gallon a day. I don't think it is your water. Maybe try drinking less water and see if it does anything for you.

I'll try that, I vividly remember this happening to me before and it went away once I lowered my water intake. It's difficult for me to say how much I drink because I constantly have a bottle next to me and I'll keep refilling it throughout the day
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    ^^ too much water will dilute electrolytes such as sodium and potassium, all of them need to be balanced correctly for your body to function properly. hence the suggestion about trying the rehydration sachets :-)

I'm actually looking in to it right now, thank you for the suggestion! Would that cause dizziness do you think?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

This is the best advice. Your problem could be from many reasons, from a virus to more serious illness to something else. Hope you feel better!
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I second this - you need to see a qualified health practitioner - and not rely on a website. They may need to run a couple of simple tests to either stop you worrying or tell you if something is wrong and how to react.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you haven't changed anything about your routine and you are suddenly feeling sick, definitely go see your doctor. In the long-term, by looking at your diary, you could increase your protein levels by a lot and add more vegetables. Both of those will keep you feeling full and will help your body to be able to handle increased exercise.
  • melodyjstray
    melodyjstray Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant?
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    are you pregnant?

No, there's no way LOL
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options
    sounds like a side effects to a medication if u ask me. Did you recently start taking something new?
    I don't think it's diet related.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds totally contrary to all the healthy eating stuff but are you getting enough salt? I looked at three days in you're diary and you always manage to stay under your sodium goal - which is good but with drinking a lot of water you can lose some electrolytes.

I was on a medically supervised v low cal diet least year and I had to take a sodium supplement. Have yourself some bacon and see if it helps - if it doesn't you've had a nice treat :)

Apologies, if your a veggie - don't know how to go back and check and still post :S
    Edit: miso soup in this case :)
  • rmontpetit
    rmontpetit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you enter your exercise in the site?
    because if you don"t you may eat too little for what you are doing. it seems to me you eat under your goal and does not count what you burn, It may explain it not you may print your diary and see a professionnal because if you feel that way it is not normal.
  • kodakmemories
    Options
    I'm going to try and reduce my water and see how it goes, it could just be a minor bug that I've picked up as it happened fairly suddenly. I will go to my GP tomorrow regardless and see what can be done.

Looking at my diary, can any of you recommend foods that I should increase/decrease?
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options

^^^ This. Some of what you said could be symptoms of something fairly serious. Don't delay. Call first thing in the morning. You'd rather waste a co-pay and an hour of your time than ignore something serious. Good luck!