Options
    You are so right! Thank you!:smile:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Just so you know...
    Green Beans, 1 cup - 34 cals
    Celery, raw, 1 cup chopped - 14 cals

Another thing to watch is sodium. It can affect scale weight - but again, that's only water weight. True sign of your progress is how you look and feel. :)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated! I am on a 1300 calorie diet and walking. It took me a few weeks until I finally began to see weight loss, and I was so excited when I hit the 4 pound loss. Then, the next week I gained about a pound, and this week gain a bit over a pound. I am now at a 2 pound weight loss for over a month and a half.

I was not getting discouraged at first, but I am now. I have been following the diet very closely.

I read all kinds of comments to other people, like, people lose at a different rate, are you drinking water, eating fries, drinking alcohol??? I have been drinking water, not logging it though. Very rarely drink alcohol, and eating a lot of high fiber foods, veggies and fruits. I haven't been logging things like celery, green beans, and low calorie foods like that.

What I understand about weight loss is, if you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight! Why is this not happening?!

p.s. I also get enough sleep. Oh, and I just restarted 47 days ago (Feb).

You should be logging everything, and if you're not losing, weighing and measuring everything. You may also want to put together some meals whose calorie content is known (no winging it) and stick to that for a while. You may not lose weight every week, but you should see your weight go down every few weeks.

I know that others will say differently, but I have never found the answer if I was not losing weight was to eat more. Usually, I was underestimating the calories in something. I've never been overweight. Normally, if I cut calories I see a response in a few days.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Two and a half weeks ago I was 276 I am now 279... D'oh.. BUT I have a nifty scale that can tell water composition.. Two weeks ago it was telling me 20% water.. Now it's telling me 23% water. If it was not for the STUPID water I'd be 271 right now and doing a happy dance! Actually I think I'll do a happy dance anyway because it's just water, It will go away eventually.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Just so you know...
    Green Beans, 1 cup - 34 cals
    Celery, raw, 1 cup chopped - 14 cals

Another thing to watch is sodium. It can affect scale weight - but again, that's only water weight. True sign of your progress is how you look and feel. :)

Other "true signs" of progress are lower body fat percentage, glucose and cholesterol levels (among others) and the number on the scale.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Green Beans is definitely not zero calories. I eat green beans a coupe of times a week and do not add them as zero calories.
  • Ljs417
    Ljs417 Posts: 2
    Options
    Check with your dr your body may not be allowing you to lose at 1300 calories, it may think you're in starvation mode. I'm on 1500 and log everything just so I realize what each thing adds up to. Just a thought and don't get disgusted, it will work.
  • sjcorp
    sjcorp Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh, when I looked it up on MFP, it said 0. Hmmm.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Also, if you aren't weighing and measuring you are inviting further calorie creep into your diet. Calorie creep can absolutely destroy your diet.

This! Calorie creep is so easy to do. Honestly, check out this 3 minute video. A real eye opener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

(Unfortunately, there may be an annoying ad that runs before the video, but the ad is easy to skip over. I promise you the video is worth watching)