Need lifting partner - how do I find one?

Options
Hi,

I've recently (in the last few months) been focusing on lifting and I'm trying to lift as heavy as possible. However, I think I might be able to progress faster if I had a lifting partner so he/she could spot me when I try a heavier weight. As it is, More than once I have had to dump the barbell on my chest and roll it down to my lap when I tried one too many reps with a heavier weight.

None of my friends are interested in lifting (if I wanted help with Zumba I would be set - lol!). My husband goes to a different gym that's more convenient to his work. I never seem to see the same person twice at the gym. Has anyone been in this situation? If so, how did you find someone to lift with?

There should be a match.com for workout partners!! Maybe I'll start a new business :)

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out, LMK! I need oe too! Pretty soon im gonna get up enough courage to ask one of the chicks I've been eyeing at the gym who also lift. Lol
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If I saw the same girl twice I might ask. As it is, the only people I see repeatedly are people already working out with a partner. Hopefully someone has some ideas!