How do you heavy lifters get your protein?

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
I set my Diary to 40% Protein, 40% Carbs and 20% fat, I'm already over on fats for the day due to nuts and eggs. But how do you get in all the protein? It seems like I'll be under on protein and carbs. Should I change the macros? What do you recommend? Or types of food should I add to my diet? I still have fruit and veggies to eat for the day but they'll fall under carbs and sugar.

I also have a protein recover shake I'll drink after my workout.

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Lots of chicken breast, egg whites, whey protein, turkey, tilapia.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, protein powder, high protein/low carb bread, and sometimes cheese and nuts/nut butter.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Meat, whey protein, eggs
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Most proteins come with a built in fat component, you can minimize this (tipping off the fat from meet when it cooks, only eating egg whites ect). Maybe it would be better to lower your cabs a little, and up the fats a bit.

PPs have given some great sources of protein :)
  • niqua215
    Options
    I have all of the above, lean meats, protein powder, eggs but I'll still come in under my protein percentage. And I follow MFP's calorie allowance of 1840. My TDEE -20% is 3153 calories! Yikes, how can I eat that much food and lose weight? I'm confused.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your tdee is 3700? Seems high.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I have all of the above, lean meats, protein powder, eggs but I'll still come in under my protein percentage. And I follow MFP's calorie allowance of 1840. My TDEE -20% is 3153 calories! Yikes, how can I eat that much food and lose weight? I'm confused.

Are you eating fish and seafood, they're high in protein.

Wow your TDEE is extremely high, how so?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I would increase your fats to 30%

and make sure your tdee is correct like davpul says, it sounds high
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The only time my TDEE is that high, I'm doing 3+ hrs of cycling.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Any/all sorts of meats, fish, eggs, whey protein supplement. I can't really have dairy, or I'd be eating that up, too.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bulk buy frozen chicken breast. Also egg whites, turkey, and protein powder with higher protein. The brand I buy Is 25g's per scoop.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    184 grams of protein?! :noway: How much do you lift per week?
  • Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can drink the protein shakes..
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the past week and I would suggest increasing your meat intake. Have chicken or turkey breast once a day. Add in some tuna.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the past week and I would suggest increasing your meat intake. Have chicken or turkey breast once a day. Add in some tuna.

Yup. I would also Replace your lean pocket with something that has higher protein. If its a convince thing browse your freezer section for higher protein options. I make turkey meatloaf muffins and freeze them to take as snacks or meals.
  • niqua215
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I went grocery shopping this weekend so I have more lean meats vs the lean pockets. And as far as my TDEE, I have no idea why I was given that number. I used the Scoobys workshop site. Maybe I did something wrong?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I went grocery shopping this weekend so I have more lean meats vs the lean pockets. And as far as my TDEE, I have no idea why I was given that number. I used the Scoobys workshop site. Maybe I did something wrong?

I would run the numbers again. What activity level did you choose?