workout wear

Options
Can anyone recommend a good sports bra for a full figured woman (DD) that works well with running/zumba/boot camp? I have tried many but find an increase in size means only band size, not cup size.

Thanks!

Replies

• sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Always with a Shock Absorber Active Multi Sports - I'm a competitive horserider so this is crucial kit!

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/products/active-range/active-multi-sports/
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I end up just wearing 2-an oldish underwire underneath a compression-style sports bra.
  • echo393
    echo393 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if you have access to a good bra shop, go and try some out. i have also heard good things about nordstroms if that is an option. good luck!
  • honeydawn329
    honeydawn329 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have found that the nike ones work really good. I bought a couple last summer at hibbett and they still work great. I look a couple of sizes smaller so they are def held in! They are the dri-fit ones too so that helps. And don't be afraid of what may seem like a smaller size in a full coverage sports bra. If you get a good one like I got it just helps hold them in more! (I am a DD also so I know)
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Underarmour. I have 3 of them now. Girls dont move
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Jen which style did you go for? I had a look at them but the open back one just seems like it wouldn't do much to help the girls?
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    under armour and nike. sometimes I would wear two. (I was a 42DDD)
  • laurenkk200490
    Options
    Shock absorber! Absolutely fantastic!
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had Shock Absorber when I first started out, and now I swear by Moving Comfort (the Juno style, especially, though I love Jubralee also!). I began with a 40DD in Moving Comfort, and I don't think that was the biggest size. My girls have NEVER been so comfortable when working out!

(I checked and MC had them up to a size E cup and 44 band size.)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have bought an Enell bra - am 42DD and it's great - minimal wobble - doesn't look amazing though! Mine's white as it was £5 cheaper. There are some nicer colours available on some sites. Cost £38 to £45.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 D/DD and typically buy a sports bra in a small or B/C cup size. I have found that I can buy pretty much any cheap sports bra and it works for holding things still as long as I go a couple sizes down.
  • 2chubbby4u
    Options
    Enell..... all the way. Those suckers will not move!:tongue:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The Vixen is really nice and it is not as uncomfortable as most. They cost around 60 bucks but any good bra (especially if you have the biggens) is going to cost that much.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    I have gone from a F to an E cup and found that wearing 2 one on top of the other really helped :-)
  • xtonson
    xtonson Posts: 6
    Options
    I just purchased the new Victorias Secret VSX Pro Sports Bra and it's AMAZING. I have a full chest (36D) and have been layering sports bras for the last few months because I didn't want to spend over $20 for a sports bra, but I'm so glad I finally made the jump. With this bra my girls don't move and the straps can be criss-crossed for additional support. Plus the girl who was helping me informed me that the bra was originally made with people in the D-DD area in mind. There's also three different layers inside of the bra for additional support.

I think this will be my main go to sports bra from now on even though the price point is a little higher, but it's so worth it. I also purchased a few other VSX items (although I was VERY hesitant on them based on the quality of some of their clothing) and they are out of this world.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I just got a one from lululemon yesterday and really like it. I couldn't remember if I was a 32DD or 34DD, but ended up with the 34D because the girls felt more snug inside. There was only one 32 I could find and the cups were missing, they have 5 notches so I could easily fit the 34 still (I got home and checked and I was a 32).