Workout DVD recommendations

Options
At the moment I have 30DS, RI30, Killer Buns and Thighs and Extreme shed and shred.

Can't really afford the gym and find it easy to get home and get my exercise done ASAP then it's done!

Any recommendations for workout DVDs? I'm open to all ideas and hoping to get a wide range to mix up my routine!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yeah all Jillian Michaels ones I find really good. Also Jennifer Ellison's bootcamp one I found pretty tough (in a good way obviously).
    There is also the Insanity DVD which you may have heard of, it's a programme which I think lasts 60 days which I have personally never done but I know many people that have and whilst being incredibly hard everyone I know that's done it has seen amazing results, so may be worth a shot :)
  • bootpeg
    bootpeg Posts: 5
    Options
    If you have the ability to watch Youtube while working out, I suggest the FitnessBlender and BeFit channels. They both have a wide variety of videos to ensure that you don't get bored. In addition, I like to create playlists of Zumba videos. I have so much fun dancing that I forget I'm drenched in sweat. A side benefit is, no one is around to witness my utter lack of skills at dancing!
  • scarlett7788
    scarlett7788 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have the ability to watch Youtube while working out, I suggest the FitnessBlender and BeFit channels. They both have a wide variety of videos to ensure that you don't get bored. In addition, I like to create playlists of Zumba videos. I have so much fun dancing that I forget I'm drenched in sweat. A side benefit is, no one is around to witness my utter lack of skills at dancing!

Have you been creating playlists of zumba videos on youtube? I'd love to incorporate zumba into my routine to mix it up and incorporate some dance moves!
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hasfit, Befit in 90, etc.
    Burn them to DVD.
  • LovingLife954
    Options
    I've heard really good things about The 4 Week Fitness Foundation (but I think its a precise 4 week meal and exercise plan), it's fairly new as far as I know but it's garnered a lot of supporters
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love Jillians 6 weeks to a 6 pack video
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    In my experience most good quality pieces of home gym equipment come with instructional DVDs on how to use them that will allow you to put together workouts far better than any Jillian or Beachbody workout. Case in point is The Rack, or suspension trainers, or Sandbag kits.
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    On Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReFitRev?feature=watch
    And their website (where you can order a DVD): http://www.refitrev.com/

Awesome dance fitness videos. Real women(fit, not super-skinny), dancing to great music, fully clothed! :)
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    youtube is great.
    if you are near a library check out exercise dvds there.
    If you want to get a good idea of something before you buy one. Money is tight so why buy something that isn't your cup of tea to speak...check out http://www.collagevideo.com you can click up a 30 to 60 second clips of the dvds
  • CoraLeeRMer
    CoraLeeRMer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich. It was her Gym Style series that got me into lifting weights. She has a large library with many different types of workouts.

Her website:

http://cathe.com/
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have tried different ones, but wanted to try something different. So this time I brought David Hayes debut exercise DVD and really enjoy it. Its different coming from a boxer so its not like my other DVD's. I love it. Best one I have brought. Really love the create a workout function.

Becks
  • LindsNW05
    LindsNW05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Walk @ Home DVDs from Leslie Sansone, they are simple to do, but they give you a great workout, especially if you are a beginner like me. There isn't any complicated moves or techniques you have to learn to do before you do it, all you do is walk and the rest they show you how to do. I also love Zumba, my sister-n-law and I take a Zumba class, but they do have DVDs you can do at home, doesn't matter if you can't dance, it's just a lot of fun, and makes you sweat.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on where you're from but i love Vicky Binn's workout DVD (i'm in the UK) and Natalie Cassidys is quite good too. I have Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and just today got the Insanity DVD so looking forward to starting that one!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer hands down! You can preview her DVD's on youtube. My favourite is called Split Sessions.
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, Boost Metabolism, Killer Abs and Yoga Meltdown. They're all great workouts by JM.
    Insanity is great, but very challenging
  • staceydoogan12
    Options
    Can anyone help me....how many calories did i burn doing jennifer ellisons full work out dvd
    4 20 minute workouts...intense??? Please helpp!!
  • shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lots of DVDs from Beachbody, I personally love Turbo Jam.
    But I've lately moved away from my DVDs and do random workouts on Youtube! There's a lot of variety on there.
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    I love JMBR although it really kicks my butt. I recommend it because you rotate through different workouts, so it doesn't get boring as quickly as many routines. I did it last year and am going to explore T25 or 10 Minute Trainer this year. Can't speak for those, though, as I haven't tried them yet.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have many DVDs. Jillian Michaels, Natalie Cassidy, Vicky Binns, Davina McCall. I tried Jennifer Ellison's DVD today. Although i don't burn massive amounts of calories, i enjoyed the change up!