Slow, but progress!

Options
jaimrlx
jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
I had a great day today. I went shopping, fit into (and purchased!) brand name jeans a size lower, tried on size L shirts and had them all fit. No more shopping in the plus size section!

Short story: I started dieting April 2010. I started eating cleanly, counting calories, etc. I lost about 29 lbs without exercise. Then my ex-boyfriend of 3.5 years cheated on me, stole all of my money and left me with nothing but a pile of debt. I was devastated. I put on 15 lbs or so. Since then, I've come to a slow. It's been a really rough three years, but I'm still about 20 lbs down. I am a binge eater and struggle mainly with that. As soon as I lose a pound, I gain three back. I'm working on this, so I was hoping this would sort of motivate me.

Before: August 2009 - 199 lbs (I'm on the right, that's my thin sister on the left)
Yfcn2Iw.jpg

During: April 14, 2013 - 179 lbs
gGJ8TJV.jpg

I tried on that [awful] shirt and jacket as a joke, but I think it was flattering *eeesh*, so I snapped this pic!

Thanks for reading!

:drinker:

Replies

• kerrylovesbooks
    kerrylovesbooks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! The best revenge is living well, so good job not letting your ex ruin your spirit! You look great and I think the shirt and jacket is cute =) Love your tat
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations. (Nice ink, too.)
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! The best revenge is living well, so good job not letting your ex ruin your spirit! You look great and I think the shirt and jacket is cute =) Love your tat

Thanks! There is a lot more where that came from, lol.

I agree! Also I might mention, he's gained about 60 lbs, impregnated the girl who he cheated with, and just got evicted. Normally I am not that kind of person, but he deserves it.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You have had a very tough go of it but yet you made progress and is committed to getting healthier, fantastic!! You are a strong, beautiful women capable of accomplishing anything you desire. Take care and thank you for sharing.
  • FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Thanks! There is a lot more where that came from, lol.

I agree! Also I might mention, he's gained about 60 lbs, impregnated the girl who he cheated with, and just got evicted. Normally I am not that kind of person, but he deserves it.

That outfit is freaking cute as hell girl and you look great! And yes, your ex deserves what he got.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference! Great work! PS, those socks are super rad.
  • natalie_77
    Options
    Karma....It looks like it caught up with him =)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    From what I've seen here on MFP, it seems like slow progress is the way to go. Learn and reinforce the new lifestyle and habits so you can stay healthier.
    (And congratulations on not having that ICK of a boyfriend anymore. Painful... and I know it sounds cliche, but you are better off without someone like that. I know women who lost decades of savings due to an ex. It sucks, but it sounds like you've learned and moved on. Having him out of your life leaves room for someone more worth your while. Oh, just saw your latest post about him... I think you're lucky to have "lost" him.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!