Call yourself out !!

Options
Yeah.... i totally gave in and ate junk food... and i feel like crap!! i was doing so well :( so maybe it will help if I confess to it so i wont do it again : / I know i cant be the only one!! Lets own up to it and move forward.

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... i totally gave in and ate junk food... and i feel like crap!! i was doing so well :( so maybe it will help if I confess to it so i wont do it again : / I know i cant be the only one!! Lets own up to it and move forward.

You are lying to yourself if you think you are not going to do it again. Embrace the fact that you will in fact do it again... Then work it off.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yep, had two bad days of not so good eating,but back at it today. I think you are right, 'fess up, absolve yourself, look at why you did it ( sometimes a person just gotta!) and get back on track. remember when we did it that way every day and that it does not work for us.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I totally ate a whole box of theater junior mints the big box and I totally worked out for an hour before hand cuz I just knew I was going to do something bad when I went to the movies. Then I totally worked out another hour afterwards because I am not really sure how much I am burning with exercise. And it was totally not worth it, because even with a work out before and after that sugar did not sit well with me at all.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options

You are lying to yourself if you think you are not going to do it again. Embrace the fact that you will in fact do it again... Then work it off.

Good point.

I'd also suggest to have in mind less junky alternatives for those times ~ such as to have an idea what are the better meals to order at fastfood restaurants are and along that line.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been eating badly today because I really can't be bothered to go shopping - its not good for me and will make me ill. My dinner was plain pasta and ham - which did not set me up for my workout, now I want to puke up! And I'm planning on doing my next workout tomorrow morning, so I think I'm going to struggle through that too!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options

He's right, you most likely will do it again, work it off and do log it in your food diary. I log everything, including my screw ups....that's the only way I know I'm being honest to myself about what I'm eating. I've found for me there are also ways to eat "junk food" . My thing is ice cream, so I buy the no sugar breyers vanilla and top the PORTION (1/2 a cup to 1 cup depending on how many calories I have left) with mashed strawberries.
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My wife has lost 50kgs over the last 2 years and is now at her goal weight (has been for about 6months) She made every Friday night junk food night eat whatever she wanted but in smaller amounts. Over time she lost the desire to eat junk food.
    Her success came from cutting all meal sizes and eating more slowly, using smaller spoons, bowls and plates.
    Choosing healthier food options and not beating herself up for going over daily allowances. She still eats pizza, cheese cake, drinks cider. Her only workouts are from extra walking because of the weight she lost she now feels like walking and she has started kayaking but only every few weeks.
    She would only weight herself weekly as daily fluctuations where discouraging.
    Now my turn got to lose about 51kgs and will try the same method she did
  • Stepinpee
    Options
    Just spent an hour in the kitchen preparing proteins for the week (hard boiled eggs, pre made my shakes, tuna fish, marinated the chicken, etc) to ensure that I don't cheat on my diet because "i can't find anything to eat".

Then turned around and ate the entire 24 oz container of homemade meatball soup my mother brought over.

I'll be working that off in the gym tomorrow.... :)
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just spent an hour in the kitchen preparing proteins for the week (hard boiled eggs, pre made my shakes, tuna fish, marinated the chicken, etc) to ensure that I don't cheat on my diet because "i can't find anything to eat".

Then turned around and ate the entire 24 oz container of homemade meatball soup my mother brought over.

I'll be working that off in the gym tomorrow.... :)

im right there with ya
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Very true
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    I need to own up to an entire week of it - and I need to get back on the wagon again and starting moving forward before I undo all the hard work I've already done. Although I know I've gained back at least two pounds, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning, log my weight and start fresh. AND I'm going to hit my elliptical machine RIGHT NOW!! I was getting so down on myself for the week I've had - felt like such a non-loser!! But now I see I'm not alone! It's not just me! I am going to be a "loser"!! Let's roll!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options

This is true don't beat your self up for this stress will only make it worse, instead embrace it and realize you will trip every once in a while and that is fine.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i did the master cleanse/lemon juice diet for a few days to drop the easter weight i'd gained...never again.
  • madowski
    madowski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "your past is determined; your future is free choice"-- Don't "beat yourself up" for the bad days and move forward back onto your plan....We are humans and will have those days where we just lose it. But, remember that YOU are important; thus, dust yourself off and get back on to being healthy.
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    So funny this is here today......hubby is taking me to lunch on Monday. I will be eating my heart out. It has been way to long since I have been able to just sit and eat without measuring, counting and keeping an eagle eye on everything. I will admit,upfront, that I will eat and enjoy :0) I CAN NOT wait! I also have to admit, I can not wait to move on after and go back to what has become normal to me. I am a tiny bit worried about if my belly can handle eating food like that as well.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You put way too much oil on that tuna and not enough protein. RAHHH