No-Brainer Multi-Grain Bread Recipe (easy to make)

Options
fitzie63
fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
I found this web site while surfing the net looking for something else and the blog was so interesting with great photo illustrations, I decided to try it. I love multi-grain bread but totally dislike the store brought choices. Not only that, they are very over-prices and loaded with far too many chemicals.

I was at the market to buy the Bob's Red Mill 8 Grain (hot ... cooked on the stove) cereal mix, grabbed it off the shelf, paid for it and scamper home with my other groceries to get started making this (that was 5 p.m.)

I followed Sara's (the blogger) tips very carefully as I progressed through the instructions. Check the photo in my profile and you will see it came out gorgeous.

Recipe from: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/01/multigrain-bread/

Bought some 8 grain Bob's Red Mill Cereal (the kind you have to cook on top of the stove) this afternoon. That part is soaking in the boiled water right now. Will be making this bread when the cereal is all softened. Great recipe & easy to follow :)

Replies

• demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Calculated the NUTRIENT VALUES... One loaf=16 thin slices and one thin slice=only 106 calories. It turned out great :)
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! That's a Cooks Illustrated recipe, I freaking love those! Thanks for posting :)