Mommies losing weight

Options
My daughter is 18 months old and I lost all motivation after I had her. Finally around her 1st birthday I decided I needed to do something because I weighed more then than I did at 9 months pregnant. Since August of 2012 I have lost 29 lbs. I started using this app in January and lost 16 out of the 29 lbs since then. I don't have much free time so I am usually with my family or trying to get a workout in. Having other "mommy motivators" would be great. I don't care what you weigh or how much you have to lose - I will do my best to motivate and help anyone out. Feel free to send me a request. :-)

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Being a mommy with littles and loosing is challenging but doable! I lost 70 pounds after the birth of my first and before getting pregnant with my third (3 years and 3 1/2 years between the kiddos).

Unfortunately I had three boys very close together after that and I'm "almost" having to start over and it's a little embarrassing how long it's been since I've been serious (my youngest two are 7 years old!) But serious I am.

My point, I was able to lose with a teeny one and I felt fabulous doing it. Didn't want your post to go by without commenting because I remember all too well what it was like to be there. <3
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! I have 2 little boys and work a night shift, it's hard to fit in workouts and not finish thier plates at lunch/dinner. :laugh:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a mummy of 2 - my son is 4 this June and my daughter will be 2 in May.

I am probably slightly insane, but I was back at the gym 4 or 5 times a week when my daughter was 7 weeks old. Since then I've lost 60lbs and a lot of inches. I still have a few more lbs to go and really need to tone up.

I work part time as a teacher, which means working at home too to get my planning, marking etc done, and my husband does shift work. A the moment I'm doing about 6 gym sessions/classes a week in a desperate bid to look great for Summer. If we get any decent weather that is (I live in England).

Feel free to add me!
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have three little boys (5,3 & 11 mnths) I'm finding my willpower lacking especially if we've had a 'challenging' day (or night) with them :yawn: I Zumba twice a week :yawn: and am aiming to loose some more weight before I go back to work in June. :wink:
  • Lumen1505
    Options
    :blushing: lol sorry I LOVE Zumba ...lack of sleep made me add a yawn in the wrong place
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    :blushing: lol sorry I LOVE Zumba ...lack of sleep made me add a yawn in the wrong place

Haha. I love Zumba too. I do a lot of classes now, Zumba, aerobics, fitball (using the gym balls but also a bit of aerobics and legs exercises and abs), spin, boxercise etc.,

I know what you mean about bad nights though. I took my kids to stay with my parents for a week (it's Easter holidays here, and as a teacher I don't have to work) and they were waking up so many times in the night while we were there. I'd done a temporary gym pass for a gym there but only went a few times and had to cancel some morning classes I had planned as I was so exhausted.
  • Lumen1505
    Options

Haha. I love Zumba too. I do a lot of classes now, Zumba, aerobics, fitball (using the gym balls but also a bit of aerobics and legs exercises and abs), spin, boxercise etc.,

I know what you mean about bad nights though. I took my kids to stay with my parents for a week (it's Easter holidays here, and as a teacher I don't have to work) and they were waking up so many times in the night while we were there. I'd done a temporary gym pass for a gym there but only went a few times and had to cancel some morning classes I had planned as I was so exhausted.
    A bad nights sleep is defintely one of my 'triggers' for messing up my weight loss as I am someone who needs at least 8 hrs ...I tend to lack willpower when I'm slurring through lack of sleep! :yawn:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    single momma here to a beautiful 11 year old daughter. I started out at 250 pounds. I am not to 175 pounds. working my way down.
    I am doing 30 day shred. I tried zumba but that was not for me at all.
  • JenS2586
    JenS2586 Posts: 85
    Options
    Add me if u like :)
    I have 3 kids [6 and 17month old twins] I am due anytime within the next few weeks with my 4th. So very soon I'll be back to the weight loss grind.
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of 2 beautiful kids. My oldest is 2 1/2 and my youngest is 6 months. I have roughly another 5 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I have another 10 -15 to get to get to my ultimate goal.

I found it so hard to find the time to workout with little ones. Early mornings didn't work, evenings I was just too tired after spending the day with the kiddies. What would work was putting in a DVD during their afternoon nap. But I too found that hard because while they were a sleep I took that time to clean up and begin cooking.

About a month ago I decided that I wanted to take them to the gym with me. They stay at my local gyms child minding area. They play with the other kids while I take an 1 or so of much needed me time. This has been working for me and I wish i would have done it sooner :)

I too am looking for other mommies and friends to keep me/each other motivated :)
  • sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    Mom of 6, youngest is 18 mths, I finally have the motivation to get in shape, but finding the time to excercise is hard. I wish my gym had a child minding area so I didn't have to go in the evening. Only another 10lb to lose but really need to tone up.
  • Jessieamoore
    Options
    I'm a Mom of two. My oldest is six and my youngest is two.
    I also work full time from 8-5, then I run a small hair bow/tutu business from my home.
    Needless to say, my time is limited lol
    I'm always looking for other Mama's to chat with about tips, tricks and exercising. I sent you a friend request ;)
  • alinesttp
    alinesttp Posts: 10
    Options
    Olá mamães, eu sou brasileira e tenho 3 belas filhas: uma de 5 anos e 2 gêmeas de 2,5 anos. Depois da gravidez gemelar não consegui perder peso e estou tentando me motivar para alcançar meu objetivo. Gostaria muito que vocês me adicionassem para que eu pudesse acompanhar suas histórias e encontrar mais motivação. Beijos!!
  • rozalynkeelan
    rozalynkeelan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a Mom of 1. He's 3, I lost my pregnancy weight fairly quickly after I had him. However I started smoking after I had him also, this was so unhealthy for me and for him even with us never smoking round him directly. I did quit smoking it'll be (2 years in October) but I did gain 15lbs. in the process. So in January I got a gym membership and began using fitness pal. I work out 5 days a week, rotating between Zumba and Body Pump. I eat lost of chix and fish, veggies and fruit. I drink tons of water, unsweetened tea's and black coffee and only drink on occasions. With all that being said, I feel like I am making great progress and enjoy working out now. BUT I have not lost any weight!!! This is frustrating...... even though I feel great and I think my clothes are starting to fit better it would be nice to see some results on the scale reflected!!!

I am gonna give the 5:2 fasting diet a try for a month and see if that helps out any.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Olá mamães, eu sou brasileira e tenho 3 belas filhas: uma de 5 anos e 2 gêmeas de 2,5 anos. Depois da gravidez gemelar não consegui perder peso e estou tentando me motivar para alcançar meu objetivo. Gostaria muito que vocês me adicionassem para que eu pudesse acompanhar suas histórias e encontrar mais motivação. Beijos!!

I can understand most of this (I speak French and I've studied Spanish and Portuguese) but my Portuguese isn't very good, at least not for writing/speaking.
  • eguido823
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Erica. I'm a Stay at home Mom to two darling boys. I'm finding it really hard to stay on track lately. My youngest is five months and so far I've lost 20 lbs putting me at my prepregnancy weight which is now 180. I would just love to be healthy and no longer overweight. A healthy 150 lbs would be good enough for me at this point. Considering how easy it was to recently drop 20, you'd think another 30 would be easy also but I'm finding it more and more difficult. I'm looking for other Moms to buddy up with for support. Let's motivate one another! : )
  • alinesttp
    Options

I can understand most of this (I speak French and I've studied Spanish and Portuguese) but my Portuguese isn't very good, at least not for writing/speaking.
  • alinesttp
    Options
    Que bom ter alguém aqui que entenda um pouco o português. Assim me sentirei à vontade. Hj meu dia foi estressante e comi bastante. Minha dieta é baseada em 1.600 calorias, mas fiz 2.600. Sempre finais de semana exagero e hoje comi 3 pedaços de pizza.
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a work at home mum to a nearly 4 year old son and a 14 month old daughter. I gained 20kg with each pregnancy and only lost 10kg of it afterwards, so I am 20kg up on my pre children days. I would love other mum friends as support, as we all know what a juggle life is now!
    Expecting great success for us all! Now I am on MFP, I have more motivation to succeed.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Stay at home momma to 4! Boys are 17, 13 and 2...and a daughter who is 6. We are super busy with the kids activities... Like..seriously busy...LOL Right now we have track, travel basketball, speed and agility, high school open gym, football lifting and babe ruth baseball starting int he next 2 weeks...and that is JUST my 13 year old son!!!! My 6 year old daughter has a part in the high school musical, The Wizard of Oz...that's in 2 weeks..so practices will be over soon. SHe also cheers in the fall and will start back to dance class. My 17 year old is in drama when his grades allow :/ and he works part time..my 2 year old is just BUSY on his own ;)

I am here every day. Almost 100 days strong now. I can't always fit in time for myself..but I do my best! I also keep an open diary :)