Looking for your opinion.

Options
Okay. So I have lost about 13-15 pounds since December. I was eating 1400 calories with one cheat day (which never exceeded more than 2400 calories). I have since switched to the TDEE method and have consistently been eating 1650 calories a day with minor fluctuations day to day. So while I thought it would be good to eat at an amount closer to my TDEE as I only have about 10 more pounds to lose, I have found a dramatic decrease in weight loss. I may have only lost one full pound in the last four weeks, while before I was seeing a rather consistent one pound per week loss before. Odd thing is that my weekly calorie totals are close to the same

Is this normal? And in your opinion, should I stick to this increase and wait for my body to further adjust or should I go back to the way it was?

Replies

• lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes this is normal. It has happened to me too. I lost 15 lbs in the first 5 weeks and very easily. The second 15 lbs took about 2 months and I had even upped my exercise and learned healthier choices by this time. Now I have 20 lbs more to go and I lose very little at a time now (less than 5 lbs in the last month and only a lb [which actually fluctuates] in the last few weeks). It becomes very difficult and stressful, BUT this is normal. Those last lbs will come off but much slower, this basically is your test for dedication. I upped my exercise another day or 2 a week and upped my calories from 1200 to 1450 a day. Still trying to see a number other than 139-141... quite annoying but it'll all be worth it :bigsmile:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yes it's pretty much normal. As you get close to your goal (15 l a to lose or less) your body fights to hang on to those last few pounds. The last 10-15 come off s-l-o-w. just be consistent, adjust your goals to lose only .5 a week so that you're not losing the good stuff (LBM) and so that you don't feel like you're somehow failing. It'll happen.
  • elizarou
    elizarou Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes this is normal. It has happened to me too. I lost 15 lbs in the first 5 weeks and very easily. The second 15 lbs took about 2 months and I had even upped my exercise and learned healthier choices by this time. Now I have 20 lbs more to go and I lose very little at a time now (less than 5 lbs in the last month and only a lb [which actually fluctuates] in the last few weeks). It becomes very difficult and stressful, BUT this is normal. Those last lbs will come off but much slower, this basically is your test for dedication. I upped my exercise another day or 2 a week and upped my calories from 1200 to 1450 a day. Still trying to see a number other than 139-141... quite annoying but it'll all be worth it :bigsmile:

I know what you mean, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. In the last month I have seen the number 145 once then it fluctuated back up to 148. It has been everything in between the two for the last month - 6 weeks and its becoming quite upsetting. I guess I'll just have to keep going and hope for the best.