130 + pounds, gone for good! Pics!

Options
smithntuck
smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
So, my weight has been an issue since I graduated high school. Who knew that you could no longer eat like a horse without consequences?! At my highest weight, around 290 in July of 2011, I was miserable! I've always had a pretty active job, and figured that because I could actually do my job, I was doing ok. But my kids and husband, not to mention myself, suffered greatly because of my being so overweight. 4 years ago, I was hit with Fibromyalgia, which added to the misery. When I became pregnant with my son, now 2, adding that extra weight, and no meds for the fibro due to the pregnancy, was killer. So I started trying...weight watchers, competitions for weight loss with my coworkers, whatever. I managed to get off and keep off about 20 lbs. In March of 2012, now at 277lbs, I decided to go to a local bariatric clinic. Now, say what you will about "doing it yourself", or "you will never keep it off"...but I needed help...period. The Dr. introduced me to low carb/no sugar eating. Wow, I could actually do this!!! Of course, I got prescribed appetite suppressants, and did use them for about 5 months...I lost 77lbs within that time. Actually seeing results got me motivated to do it on my own. So far, I have lost over 130 lbs, and haven't been back to the clinic since July 2012. I have started working out, and seeing more and more results. With about 13 lbs left to goal, and less than 3 months till the beach, I'm working harder than ever on getting fit and I feel fantastic! My best compliment is when I don't get recognized!

This is me at the beach July 2011-around 290

hiltonhead2011_zpsb1bff6c0.jpg

This is at the beach July 2012-at 200 lbs

beach2012128_zpsfc1be92f.jpg

Christmas 2012- at 185

094_zps13910379.jpg

and yesterday, heading to my 20th high school reunion- 157 lbs

053_zps8a5ff43f.jpg

Hope this works, as I have never posted pics!

Replies

• candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, congratulations!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Great job and I'm glad you're getting to your goal. PS. your red curly hair is awesome.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!!
  • tikimatt
    tikimatt Posts: 23
    Options
    An inspiration to all !! :)
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Your doing fantastic!
  • NancyQR28
    NancyQR28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! Great motivation for us beginners!
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and you look great!! I know how fibromyalgia can slow you down some ( I also have it) but it is amazing that when you do start to eat right and exercise that you don't get the symptoms as bad as before.. I have lost 33 lbs. and feel better and look better than I did in a long time.. Congratulations for all your hard work!!!
  • halexandra
    halexandra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Good job and keep it up :)
  • kaiser44
    kaiser44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story and pics. Absolutely amazing. You should be so proud of yourself! How did your reunion go? I bet it was a wonderful night.
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look so incredible!!!! I started at about the same place as you and am striving to get to 160. After seeing your transformation, I am more motivated than ever!!!! You should be so proud of yourself, you look gorgeous!
  • jekissa729
    Options
    Great photos!! That is amazing:)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • smithntuck
    Options
    You are doing great and you look great!! I know how fibromyalgia can slow you down some ( I also have it) but it is amazing that when you do start to eat right and exercise that you don't get the symptoms as bad as before.. I have lost 33 lbs. and feel better and look better than I did in a long time.. Congratulations for all your hard work!!!

While I was pregnant and for awhile afterwards, my OB told me to take 1000 mg of Magnesium at night for the fibro...in 3 days I felt like a new person! I never went back to the Rhumetologist, and after awhile, stopped the Magnesium. I have bouts now and again, but it's usually if I get really cold, or if the pressure in the air changes, like with days of rain or such. And congrats on your loss, keep it up!
  • smithntuck
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story and pics. Absolutely amazing. You should be so proud of yourself! How did your reunion go? I bet it was a wonderful night.

The reunion was awesome, it's the first one that I had been to, and it was great to have the confidence of being in the shape that I am now. Thanks!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! You look beautiful!
  • lisasosweet
    lisasosweet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great. I know its possible LOL. Cant wait to be where you are!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Super awesome job! I'm glad that the reunion went well!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow-what a good story and success for you! Just the thought of going to your HS reunion in your very confident body is worth it, not to mention doing this to serve as an example for your children. I wish you the best in maintaining your new fit lifestyle. :happy:
  • taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. Never heard of anyone going to bariatric surgery ending up losing the weight on their own. Impressive. You look so healthy and happy. Motivation! Motivator!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!