The worst part of exercise is...

Options
2»

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    For me, trying to exercise shortly after getting up in the morning. My legs take a little time to get going and I tend to hobble about for five or ten minutes first thing in the morning.
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    for me its trying to put on/take off my speedo style bathing suit...thats practically a workout in itself! My husband makes fun of me :blushing:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ready for TMI? High fiber diets can be inconvinient. Like when you're at the gym and get gassy and can't let it go. :laugh:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    getting ready at work after riding my bike there. We dont have an employee bathroom so I have to dodge customers coming and going!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    finding the motivation to get started. I didn't used to have this problem.

I also hate the first 1/4 of a mile of running because I seem to feel every ache and pain in my legs.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ready for TMI? High fiber diets can be inconvinient. Like when you're at the gym and get gassy and can't let it go. :laugh:

LOL...I can so relate. I hate it when I am told to squat deeper, and I just can't for the sake of not embarassing myself! :blushing:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    When it's over:cry: , I LOVE to workout and could do it for hours and hours ...and well, hours. But I since I'm not looking to be a body builder 2 is usually what I do, sometime more if I take a class and I hate having to end my time at the gym. I just love how it makes me feel, good about me, clears my mind and energizes my body.

Guess I'm lucky I like it, I think it'd be really tough for me get very motivated if I hated excercise:ohwell:

Am I in the minority here?

Nope...I'm right there with you. LOVE working out. Love the sweat, love the out of the breath feeling, love going to failure with a pair of dumbbells. It makes me feel powerful. I'm sad when it's over and want to do it again, but know I'll break my body down if I do too much. So...for me the worst part of exercise is...

Rest day.
    :drinker:
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    The worst part for me is finding the time to get it in. Seems like very early in the morning or very late at night are my only options, and neither one is very desirable.
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Overall I am very grateful I have the physical capability to exercise each and everyday. I have no disability preventing me for reaching my fitness goals. for this I am thankful and I tell myself this when the alarm goes off at 5:30am. most of the time it works!

Great way to look at it! I plan to keep that in mind as I work on my goals!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Getting up at the crack of dawn!!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Getting up at the crack of dawn!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

LOL...I can so relate. I hate it when I am told to squat deeper, and I just can't for the sake of not embarassing myself! :blushing:
    When I workout with people from work, I try to casually bring up the fact that sometimes things get let out by accident. LOL I usually workout by myself, so that's not a problem then.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Worst part varies daily. Today, it was my son waking up early from his nap. Yesterday, it was Netflix 'adjusting' my video stream so long my heart rate dropped. Wednesday, it was my daughter wanting everything from a kiss to a sandwich while I'm sweating my butt off~
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree about the sports bra, I also don't like when my earphones won't stay in due to sweaty ears.

Or when I've already gotten into my workout on the treadmill and realize I've forgotten something or I need to pee.

Or trying to get my children to understand that while I am running I cannot possibly glue something or button up their shirt or any of the other million things they seem to need at precisely that moment...all I ask is for 20 min! Lol
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    Options
    I think I found something more annoying than the sweaty sports bra.

Today I was doing the 30 minute free run (more like a slow jog) on my Wii Fit Plus. I was watching The Fellowship of the Ring in the foreground. After 5 minutes, I had to pee so I paused it. When I swapped over to the Wii to continue, I accidentally hit Retry instead of Continue! Damn! Not only did I not get credit for the 5 minutes I had already done, I ended up doing 35 minutes and the last 5 were murder but I wanted it to register on the Wii that I had finished it all. They really should make a change that has it ask if we are sure we want to start over.

Another thing I hate is running in place. I had to rearrange my furniture so I could do laps around the living room instead of running in place.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Falling on my treadmill at 5.5 mph...I hate it when that happens. :angry: Love your post.

Thanks for the laugh! :laugh:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The bruises and other soreness I sometimes (usually) find everywhere after a boxing, sparring, or self defense training..
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    taking off BOTH of my sweaty sports bras!! and the screaming voice in my head telling me that sleep would be soooo much better.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    When you've been sick, had to be out of the workout loop for nearly a week and then try and get back to what you were doing? Impossible! Hard for my mind to understand we can only do a fraction of that at the moment and to be OK with that as my body continues to heal and build back up the endurance.

Sucks big time but the healthier way to go.

I miss my workouts:sad:
    Becca:brokenheart: