ANYONE lose weight by cutting DIET soda

Options
I know its Zero calories and i know that the chemicals are bad for you. Please don't rant or rave about pros or cons of soda. I just want to hear if anyone lost extra weight just by cutting diet soda, not regular soda this has zero calories and zero caffeine.

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Then the answer for me would be Nope.... I drink it daily and it never stopped me from losing a few pounds... Best of Luck... :drinker:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Drinking one right now, lost a couple pounds myself
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I personally lose more and quicker when I cut it out. I love Coke Zero so!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Is the topic a questions or a statement? I DONT GET IT.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily. I've quit for a week or so here and there and the only difference I've really noticed is that I feel a little less bloated from not having the carbonation.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda for about 6 weeks. I tried to tell myself that I was giving it up because I didn't like how fake it was. But really, I was giving it up to see if I lost more weight!

I didn't... soda doesn't cause me to stall.

I have cut back though. I used to have a can a day most days. Now I have a couple of cans a week.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I did, in 2005... Stopped a nasty diet coke habit cold turky, only change I made, and dropped 13 pounds in one month.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is cals in/cals out so no, cutting out a zero calorie drink will not result in any more loss. However if for some reason having a zero cal soda will lead to cravings of other food and then you over eat then yes you might lose weight if you cut out the soda which leads you to cut out the foods you over ate due to cravings. That's the only reason cutting out a zero cal drink could lead to weight loss
  • frenchy807
    frenchy807 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It'd definitely be the BEST option to cut soda out completely, but I myself have yet to find that willpower :ohwell: However, I lost 30 pounds and still drank diet soda! So you definitely can, its just mainly not good for your overall health. But like I said, I cant say much, i drink it a lot heehee
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I probably lose less weight when I'm not drinking diet coke because I'm not consuming as much caffeine.

Seriously though. I was a 4 cans a day girl and have cut down to 1. I really do feel a lot better.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just feel better since my soda reduction in January. I was a "stop at the gas station for a VAT of diet soda every morning kind of girl"....now I keep one 2 liter of Diet Rite in my fridge and pour a small glass when I have a craving. Now I can BELCH like the best of them though when I do have it :-) Pretty sexy and probably explains why I am single :-)
    Have a coke and a smile :-)
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily and am loosing consistently.
  • fox347
    fox347 Posts: 2
    Options
    Diet soda contains no nutrients, therefore it cannot attribute to weight loss or weight gain.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.... I love diet soda and have it a few times a week. I think that if you are in this for the long haul (i.e. life style change) then you should enjoy diet soda if you like it and not worry about it. As long as you are eating right and exercising, you will see the results you want! :)

Best of luck on this journey :)
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking it but it has nothing to do with weight loss
  • BabyfaceFaison
    Options
    Cool
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    fox347 wrote: »
    Diet soda contains no nutrients, therefore it cannot attribute to weight loss or weight gain.

Well not directly, however drinking something sweet causes your insulin to spike as your body prepares to process whatever you just consumed. When it turns out the body isn't going actually zero calories/carbohydrates (because it was a diet drink), blood sugar then drops quite low and can cause cravings. If you do struggle with sugar cravings I would recommend losing the diet soda. If you don't struggle with cravings, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I can't really say. I was never a soda drinker - hated the bubbles! Heh. I have a few friends that drink a lot of Coke Zero and it apparently helps them lose weight.
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Yes. It was from water retention associated with drinking the pop. Everyone's different, so it may/may not affect others the same way. Take care :)
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What are you planning on replacing the diet soda with?

I find that if I don't drink diet soda, I tend to want flavouring of the sweet kind in my water and end up adding calories by adding cordial or juice.