Calories for NROWL4W???

Options
Hi,

I am starting NROWL4W and just wondering about the calories. I still have 10-15 pounds to lose, so the thought of consuming the rec. 2300 calories on workout days and 2000 calories on non-workout days is a little scary. If I ate at maintenance around 1700-1800 calories per day would this be counter productive? Or if I still want to lose 10-15 pounds would it be better to just keep eating my 1430 per day. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just started too :-)
    As for how many calories to eat, i'm trying the 2000 calorie approach. so far, i haven't seen a weigh increase, no decrease though either, and that is with skipping a few workouts due to bronchitis, but still eating the 2000 cals.
    If you read the book, you'll see that he suggests to just decrease the calories a little (2-300, i think) if you insist on doing so.
    Mainly, the point of the program is to build muscle, which ends up replacing fat. But not weight loss exactly.
    I'd suggest re-reading the chapter on calorie intake and protein needs, and decide what you think will work best for you. You can always give it a few weeks try, and then adjust your calories as needed.
  • dhldc85
    dhldc85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good place to start. How far into the program are you?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    first week, i only competed 2 workouts, then i decided i had to get better before doing any more sports, else my lungs might make the acquaintance of my toes....