Newbie. Isagenix anyone?

Options
Hi, I just joined this site. I ordered the 30day Isagenix today and am very excited to get started. I have about 15-20 pounds I need to take off. If anyone doing this wants to add me, I'd love to hear any tips or just share experiences.

Replies

• FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    sounds like every other shake product.

not worth it sorry to say
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Learning proper nutrition and how to live within a caloric budget is the best way to achieve long term fitness.

Hope that helps! :smile:
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't ever heard of that product. I would love to see your results :)
  • Phoenix2024
    Options
    I did Isagenix for a good 8-10 months. I think it was the best thing to get me started on my regime, and that's how I lost my first 25 pounds. So I totally owe it to that program. But after I plateaued in December, I've moved on and have started a new superfoods diet to try and break my body of the cycle. Lost three pounds since the plateau, so I guess it's working!

Don't discount the program, it's great to get you started. If you choose it as a lifestyle choice, good on you. But I started to miss real food (though I still have the shakes for breakfast twice a week!!!)
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, I did the isagenix a couple of times in the past. The problem with this type of quick fix is that is just that, a quick fix. You have to think of a healthy life style as one day at at time for the rest of your life. The whole detox day that isagenix's promotes is naturally not great for your body either.
    I did it for a month, and lost 20lbs, but missed eating normal food. So that is my caution, make sure you can say good bye to all other food while doing isagenix, until maintenance.
  • evdvelde
    Options
    Oh, and it is expensive for an average income household.
  • evdvelde
    Options
    at the end of the day, it is about the weight loss for the customer though, or they (customer) would not pay $300 a month to do it. You can dress it up as a solution, but at the end of the day it's not the solution at al. A healthy lifestyle of balanced foods is.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    shake products are literally a waste of money...
  • christa4nell
    Options
    I totally agree with you about learning propper nutrition and portion control, but people today need quick and easy meals to prepare on the go. Hence why McDonalds and Burger King are so popular. I find no problem with incorporating shakes and bars in my weightloss plan. My sister has been nagging me for years about eating six small meals a day. I could never do it until utilizing meal replacement shakes and bars. I love the Isagenix products!

Oh, the only thing I don't really care about in the 30 day system are the cleanse days, so I do a daily cleanse instead. I work 3rd shift and would find it hard to fast for a day plus I don't want to go into starvation mode. I need and love food!

Since switching to two shakes a day and a meal I have noticed my cravings for sweets and salty foods are pretty much gone!!! That has been my number one issue with dieting in the past. It was my cravings that got me all the time.

I'm also eating at least 1200 - 1400 calories per day and trying to eat 100 - 120 grams of protein so I keep my lean muscle mass. I add fruit and sometimes peanut butter to my shakes as well.

For exercise I work out half hour five times a week. with low impact cardio and resistance training with mostly my own body weight. For me this works because I was pretty much sedentary until about a month ago. I am improving and getting stronger.

So for me, Isagenix works! I'm saving about 25 dollars a week on groceries, I'm losing weight with no cravings,and feel great!
    I'm also NOT ordering the full 30 day system next month either. I'm ordering the Ionix supreme, 2 cans of shakes and a box of bars. These are the products I like the best!

Incase you are wondering I do have a vested interest in Isagenix. I'm a new product user and consultant. I joined the business side of things to help my sister out, and if I keep getting great results I will try to sell these products. Right now I'm just testing the water, and so far I like it!
  • tikki801
    tikki801 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is your progress now that it has been over 30 days?
  • perkbarb
    perkbarb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah agree with all these posts I just read. Hated it. 2 months ago I read The 17 Day Diet. Love it, it's just healthy eating and exercising really, just low carb at first... I have lost 14 lbs and feel great with the exercise. Thanks for the input. All true!