How to reward myself for weightloss...?

Options
I am new to the sight and I have been "laying low" and reading other posts and I finally got the hang of how to post for myself...so here goes! I need to come up with a good system of rewarding myself for weight loss, but I am having a hard time figuring out what to use!! I am definatley not going to reward myself with a 'cheat meal' because I personally feel like that defeats the purpose (not to offend anyone, just my personal feeling), but now I am stuck because I'm not sure what to use! I think that for a big milestone I might treat myself to new sneakers or workout clothes, but I want to be able to reward myself for the little things too and I was just wondering what other people might use that isn't too crazy expensive and will help to keep me focused on my goals! Thanks in advance for the help, and feel free to follow me I definatley need motivation and I would love to be able to help yall too! The best of luck to you on your journey :)

Replies

• lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    rewards are always a good thing to look forward to.
    Hair cut/new style,
    getting your nails done,
    Getting something to treat YOU which is not food based is a great idea
    All the best
    Nicola xxx
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    lipstick
    something from a thrift shop (usually form fitting!)
  • MissFitDanyah
    MissFitDanyah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few options:
    1. New workout wear
    2. Try a new type of exercise class such as CrossFit, Yoga, Zumba and bring friends
    3. Have a healthy eating party with friends - share your success by rewarding yourself with a healthy recipe swap party. It's a great way to meet people, get friends involved, and develop positive support systems
    4. New hair do/colour and nails
    5. Get a massage! You've worked those muscles hard, now give them some pampering.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I get a pedicure and sometimes a manicure.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A day out at the zoo (lots of walking and doesn't break the bank)
    A visit to a local museum; see above
    A small piece of jewelery.....earings......they won't get too big when you lose more
    See a band or a play
    Perfume or bath stuff
    A great book
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    new clothes
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    workout equipment or a new workout to try, really just knowing that you can do things you couldn't before is reward.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I preferred clothes shopping at Goodwill. It was fun knowing I could fit into smaller sizes and it didn't break the bank.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Jewelry is a good one too - you never shrink out of it!
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Easy...look in the mirror. Your sense of pride and accomplishment will be worth far more than material possessions.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    New Clothes
    New Shoes
    New haircut/spa day/manicure/pedicure
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    One of the changes I've made is making/eating food at home much more often, so I was happy to get a new cookbook (with recipes that support my way of eating). I also like to put fitness/exercise/healthy eating books on hold at the library for a free reward when they come in off the wait list, and it helps me stay motivated to keep learning things. I also bought some new measuring spoons since I was just eyeballing condiments (best to weigh, but measuring spoons come in handy for lots of things and I can weigh in the spoon if it's a calorie dense item). Shopping in my closet has been a reward, and I suspect I will be buying a few things for summer. Shoes are always a nice reward.
  • pinksands143
    Options
    How about a relaxing massage or facial??? I think I may do that :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Steak and lobster is my way of rewarding myself. Or I eat at maintenance for a few weeks so I can eat 3000+ calories.. lol.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Personally when I reach my goal weight I will
    1) Get a new wardrobe of cute clothes since none of mine will fit (They are already too big)
    2) Get a tattoo on my lower stomach
    3) Get my hair dyed and styled differently for the summer XD
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started a 1/2 sleeve tattoo when I hit 25 lbs lost. Lately I've been rewarding myself with designer jeanss. Also shoes.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Rewards jar.....I put 5 bucks for every pound I lose and a quarter for ever 15 mins I workout. So far I am up to over 30 bucks which I happened to decide to spend on decent brand of whey protein that will last me 1 month. Today was my 2 week weigh in so I am stoked cant wait to spend the next 30 or so on maybe workout clothes or shoes :drinker:
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    A new lipstick or gloss, a pretty new nail polish or manicure...those are some of my inexpensive favorites:)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    lipstick
    something from a thrift shop (usually form fitting!)

I go with something from a thrift shop. As you lose weight there's so much more to choose from & things are so cheap you can have a few - a nice top or two or a pair of trousers/ pants in your new size.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This last weekend I went out and bought myself new underoos! When I was heavier I didn't feel like I needed anything pretty since I wasn't about to let anyone see me without my clothes. I went and got some at VS PINK (not super fancy, but better than the Walmart packaged crap I had) since I've gone from XL/XXL to M in underclothes. They have some weird eternal "sale" on their underwear and it's always like 5 for $26.
    I'm waiting until I get nearer to my goal to do a bunch of clothes shopping since I'll change sizes even more and they won't fit, but a few things here and there don't cost a lot and make me feel better while I'm still in the middle of my weight loss.