Body Fat % Reduction

Options
So I'm just curious as to generally how long it takes to reduce BF % (not just weight). I'm not in any rush, no worries. I'm not looking for a quick fix, I am just curious :tongue:

My stats (these are very accurate because i take regular DEXA scans)

5'5 (female)
weight: 142
lean body mass: 95lbs
BF%: ~33-35

I'm eating 1800 calories a day (this is a 20% reduction of my TDEE) and i workout 5-6 days a week (according to my heart rate monitor burning anywhere from 500-800 calories - i do not eat back my workout calories 99% of the time...some days i may eat back just 100-200 of them if I feel super hungry, but i rarely do)

My workouts consist of primarily (heavy) weight lifting with a moderate (but not crazy) amount of cardio, but weight lifting takes priority over cardio for me.

I'm just curious as to how much BF% i could lose in 6 weeks. I know its different for everyone and no one can give me a truly accurate answer, but i'd like to hear other people's experience from going from a high BF% to a lower one. All the posts i found on other sites are body builders who are already at low BF%'s trying to get even lower - which i know is much different when you're going from a high BF% to just a normal range. (my ultimate goal for BF% is 20-23%)

also - if it makes any difference, the weight that i have was gained in a very short period of time (6 months) due to hormonal imbalances - it hasn't been on my body long (i always used to be very slender and in shape). Perhaps that would make SOME sort of different, though i'm not sure if its just "bro science" that "new" fat is easier to lose than "old" fat :laugh:

Replies

• hamasehfallah
    Options
    Oh and my calories are split in a 40C/30P/30F split. I weigh all my food and track macros so its pretty accurate.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you are doing exactly what you should be doing. Weight lifting is going to be the fat burner. Since you're eating based off of TDEE you do not need to eat back your cals since it is already included in that number. Eating some of them back on huge burn days is fine but it sounds like you're listening to your body, which is what you should do, IMO. I personally lost just under 4% the first month I started weight lifting, increasing protein and basically eliminating alcohol. The 2nd month, I lost 2% I think.. Now I'm more in a "maintenance" mode but it sounds like you're doing the right stuff - just keep it up. :)