Color Me Rad

Options
Hey everyone!
Someone gave me an idea to post this here, so, there is a 5k run called "Color Me Rad". I have always wanted to do one of these and I just recently found out one is coming to Toronto! Now my only problem is I want someone(or a group) to do this with. Here's the link: http://www.colormerad.com/
There is lots of awesome pictures and a video so go check it out :)

Replies

• unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did it last year in May and I am doing it again this upcoming weekend. It is a lot of fun! I suggest going with at least one person to share the excitement.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump for my friend it look like a lot of fun
  • c_foster
    c_foster Posts: 19
    Options
    I did it last year in May and I am doing it again this upcoming weekend. It is a lot of fun! I suggest going with at least one person to share the excitement.

I'm so excited I just have to find someone to go with! None of my friends want to :sad:
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I did this last year and I didn't think it was great. You had to stop running to get colour, or plow through people to get through the colour stations.

However, I still had fun. I just wouldn't do it again.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I did the one in Oklahoma City last year, and I am doing it again next Month. It is not for "Serious" Runners, but if you are out just to have Fun, or if it is one of your First 5Ks it is AWESOME! Since it is not Timed, I went through the Purple Station twice because I wanted Extra Purple Color on me. As it turned out I got more GREEN than anything.:tongue:
    :heart: This year I am doing it with my Sister -- Her First 5K!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've done CMR. I liked it :) It's a fun run, no prizes or anything, just the joy of the experience of getting covered in corn starch and food dye. I do recommend enlisting a friend, though; it's a lot more fun when you have a buddy.
  • c_foster
    Options
    I did this last year and I didn't think it was great. You had to stop running to get colour, or plow through people to get through the colour stations.

However, I still had fun. I just wouldn't do it again.

That's a bit upsetting to hear! Oh well I still want to at least try it
  • c_foster
    Options
    :drinker: I did the one in Oklahoma City last year, and I am doing it again next Month. It is not for "Serious" Runners, but if you are out just to have Fun, or if it is one of your First 5Ks it is AWESOME! Since it is not Timed, I went through the Purple Station twice because I wanted Extra Purple Color on me. As it turned out I got more GREEN than anything.:tongue:
    :heart: This year I am doing it with my Sister -- Her First 5K!!

This is my first 5k! But reading this makes me excited :smile:
  • kueher
    kueher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ran Color Me Rad for my first ever 5K run. It's great cause it's all about having fun, not about who can run the fastest! Good luck!
  • c_foster
    Options
    Thanks!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The whole purpose of the 'Race' is to have FUN!! Be sure to wear clothes that you don't mind getting stained. My UNDERWEAR is still Rad Colored, thank you very much, LOL!! Take Towels or a sheet to protect your Car Seat on the way home. Most people advise to keep your mouth closed as you go through the Color Stations. Please keep us informed!! I want to hear all about your Race!!
  • c_foster
    Options
    Just found someone to run with! She's on my rugby team too so another thing we have in common :smile: It's not till June but I'm so excited! I will definitely keep you all updated :smile:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations on finding a Partner!! It really DOES Double The Fun!!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it this weekend for the first time and I can't wait!
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm doing it this summer for the first time with my siblings (well, only four of them), my uncle and a good friend - I'm so excited it'll be my first race ever!!
  • c_foster
    Options
    I'm doing it this weekend for the first time and I can't wait!

Let me know how it goes! :smile:
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I wanted to do it but I already have something going on that weekend :(
  • c_foster
    Options
    Awwe that's a bummer :frown:
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    SO REGISTRATION IS OPEN AND I CHANGED MY MIND. running it now, feel free to join my team, im running the 11am wave and i'm "Colour Bombshells"