I just binged.

Options
I have been doing so good...
I haven't even binged to the point of being sick and throwing up in 2 years.
And I have been eating very clean and losing weight.
And I just binged.
And I'm so stressed.
And I don't know what to think or do.

Replies

• kellymoconnell
    kellymoconnell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try not to beat yourself up. Promise yourself that you'll do better tomorrow. One day at a time.
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry hun. Try not to be too upset. Slip ups happen, no one is perfect. Tomorrow will be better.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Can't undo it - have to put it behind you right now and move forward. It's not the end of the world.

Figure out what led to the binge and make the appropriate changes.
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this is totally normal and expected. life has ups and downs, it never goes in a linear manner. if you expect it to go so, you will be disappointed. so, embrace this interesting day that reminded you of your humanness. something might have precipitated your binge, so explore that and learn from it. one day or two or a week or two don't change you or your progress. tomorrow, continue on a new page. don't drag today into tomorrow, leave it where it belongs - yesterday. i've been bingeing for a while now, just fell off the wagon big time. but i know that it's just a phase. although i'm not happy with gaining weight or feeling sluggish, i know that i will gradually get back on track and continue my up and down journey called life.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You get a whole new day to start over tomorrow. Don't let regret, shame, depression, spoil your new start :-) Perspective, one day in two years, pretty good!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above me. It happened. Do an error analysis...see if you can find any particular triggers. And then MOVE ON. It's not all over because you had a slip up. Let it be a reminder of where you've been and where you're going. It's going to OK. Tomorrow you'll eat well and a month from now this binge won't have made a difference in your journey to become fit.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.

Wake up tomorrow.

Don't regret a history you can't change. It will keep you from living the day you wake up to tomorrow with a free spirit.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The most important thing I have learned in the past 2.5 years of this weight loss transformation of mine is that you have to learn to forgive yourself. No matter what it is, or was, or whatever...you deserve forgiveness and the chance to transform your life. You can do this.

(the second most important thing is that I had to face my demons - the underlying cause of my overeating). You can do this too!

Keep telling yourself you are worth it and eventually you will actually believe it because YOU ARE. Hang in there and remember that we all screw up; it is how you recover from the screw up that defines you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dladisheff
    Options
    And I just binged.
    And I'm so stressed.
  • dladisheff
    Options
    Maybe come join us in the Binge Eating Support Group under Groups!

Donna L.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to eat at too much of a deficit? (That's frequently an underlying cause of something like this.)
  • dynamohum
    dynamohum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No matter, tomorrow is another day, dont even think about, if we didnt screw up we wouldnt be normal, lol
    This shouldnt be torture . We do well we feel good, we do bad we feel bad. Sounds like life to me. Goodluck with the future.
    Never kick yourself. Smile
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A binge really? Just one binge in ages and your stressed about that :noway:
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to eat at too much of a deficit? (That's frequently an underlying cause of something like this.)

Great question, because this is what I was thinking. Often people start off by restricting calories too much.
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    In football, they say defensive backs have to have a short memory. The reason for this is when they blow a play and give up a long catch or even a Touchdown, they need to get ready to defend again and hopefully not give up the big play.

When we mess up, we need to be the same way... have a short memory. Just forget about the binge or whatever you did and move forward. If you can, add a little more exercise if you can, if not... again no worries. If you are worried about making a goal by a certain time, then you will need to work harder. But don't stress about a misstep, that will only make you even more stressed and probably make you binge more.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up....It's one day. Do better tomorrow. Good luck
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I have been overly stressed today because my 4 month daughter has been so fussy and I broke down earlier because she is colicy and I felt like if I was a good parent she wouldn't cry so much. And it finally just got to me and I ate a cupcake... and from there I just went crazy.
  • austza
    austza Posts: 3
    Options
    And I just binged.
    And I'm so stressed.

Happens. Whatever. Move on, work out harder tomorrow, it's just whatever.
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The statement about being human really opened my eyes.
    I really do need to just move on and be better tomorrow. Thank you.
    And I have been doing good with calories until today. I had a good breakfast but didn't eat much at lunch because my daughter was so upset and I hadn't even gotten to dinner yet so maybe that is a contributing factor.
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are making time for yourself and lean on your support people. Do something nice for yourself. Bingeing is often related to underlying emotions i.e. frustration or helplessness due to colic.

Take good care of yourself and let this binge go :)