I just binged.

Options
2»

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1) Breath. deep breaths. in through the mouth and out through the nose.
    2) its ok. Binges happen. You're human and you will make mistakes. No ones perfect.
    3)drink lots of water.

tomorrows a new day. start over fresh in the morning.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    two years? good job, it happens 2-3 times a week to me:(
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I have been overly stressed today because my 4 month daughter has been so fussy and I broke down earlier because she is colicy and I felt like if I was a good parent she wouldn't cry so much. And it finally just got to me and I ate a cupcake... and from there I just went crazy.

Time out. You're four months post? In that case, definitely give yourself a pass on one day. If you manage to only have one "disastrous" day every four months, consider it a remarkable success.

(I'm still curious about my question on the deficit you're trying to keep though because I still suspect it's relevant.)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    You did well for 2 years! You survived the binge, so one bad day didn't wipe out all your progress. Focus on the 2 years, not the hour or so. Congratulations!
    Figure out some other good options for the next time you get stressed -- unfortunately with a baby, it's going to happen. And now move on... no more binging. You know better now, and you want to set a good example for your daughter.
    You can do it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to eat at too much of a deficit? (That's frequently an underlying cause of something like this.)

Great question, because this is what I was thinking. Often people start off by restricting calories too much.

This^ plus clean eating is well and good if you do it most of the time but it can cause binges because you need to have a little of what you like too. You only live once and a little isn't going to hurt you so think about not being quite so strick. Look into IFFYM for a balanced approach.
  • Talaysen
    Talaysen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I have been overly stressed today because my 4 month daughter has been so fussy and I broke down earlier because she is colicy and I felt like if I was a good parent she wouldn't cry so much. And it finally just got to me and I ate a cupcake... and from there I just went crazy.

Meh, really, it happens.
    I've got two kids both 5 & 7 now, but I can remember when they were 4-6 months old, it's a tough time.
    Kids don't need a reason to be colicky. Besides, the fact that you're concerned as to whether you're doing a good job as a parent is a very good sign to me, I worry about the ones that don't have any doubts. ;)

Seriously, you're doing fine, keep your head up.
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good...
    I haven't even binged to the point of being sick and throwing up in 2 years.
    And I have been eating very clean and losing weight.
    And I just binged.
    And I'm so stressed.
    And I don't know what to think or do.

Happens. Whatever. Move on, work out harder tomorrow, it's just whatever.

Insensitive much? It's not whatever, it used to be a big struggle for me okay. Its terrifying to fall back because I don't want to go back to how I used to be.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Stuff happens. One binge won't undo all of your work. And having a baby who cries a lot doesn't make you a bad mom. Does she have reflux? Or maybe silent reflux? Most of my mom friends with excessively crying babies have babies who aren't sleeping enough (or at the right times) or have reflux. When mine was that little, we had issues with both. Figured out she had reflux and meds helped. Then read the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and started putting her to bed at 6pm. No more screaming baby. Whatever it is, even if it's that she just cries a lot, it will pass and you'll both be okay. =)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    As others suggested... make sure you're eating enough. If you're breast feeding that uses a lot of calories, and it's very important that you get enough nutrition. Even if you're not, you are doing other things like weight lifting (carrying the baby and baby paraphernalia) and remember it's harder to lose weight when you are sleep-deprived. So don't try to lose too fast. Despite all the stress, try to focus on enjoying your beautiful daughter and her new skills everyday. And don't forget to take care of yourself too.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do about it now. Remember the feeling of regret, and try to use it next time you feel the urge to binge.
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    two years? good job, it happens 2-3 times a week to me:(

I'm sorry :[ I used to do it every day, I somehow didnt even know it was a disorder, because I wasnt making myself throw up, but I pretty much threw up all the time or felt terribly sick if I didnt....
    when I overcame my depression I also overcame my bingeing, so I dont know what happened today, but I will get up and move past this. And I know that you can overcome too and I hope the best for you in overcoming this.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think you're not being clear. People are reading this like you just binged on a big meal and overate. That happens all the time and it's no big deal. But it's starting to sound like you binged....then purged. And that binge and purge is a eating disorder that you're dealing with. That's of a different magnitude and if people don't know they might not give you the appropriate responses.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think you're not being clear. People are reading this like you just binged on a big meal and overate. That happens all the time and it's no big deal. But it's starting to sound like you binged....then purged. And that binge and purge is a eating disorder that you're dealing with. That's of a different magnitude and if people don't know they might not give you the appropriate responses.

Indeed, ^this. I misread it as just a typical "ate too much one day binge". My advice probably isn't applicable to a binge/purge ED situation.

(I've read many complaints lately that people are too quick to assume ED in their responses. Seems ironic that the opposite just happened here.)
  • Shambree813
    Shambree813 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "Don't regret a history you can't change. It will keep you from living the day you wake up to tomorrow with a free spirit."
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^love this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ great advice. Forgive yourself, let it go and move on. <3
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just get back on the horse, no need to drag on about it. I fall off just about every weekend 'sigh'
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Honey, it's one time. You're not a failure, and you're not going to blow up. Shake it off, and don't do it again. Don't allow yourself to.