Promise to Myself

Options
I have been using MFP for only a few days (first week ending Monday) but I have been over my calorie allowance almost 1/2 of the time. I have laready lost 2lbs I know and that shows the amount of food I was eating before but I know that this habit of eating over what I am "allowed" is very bad.
So I am making a promise to myself; I have 2 days left this week: saturday and sunday I will religiously stick to the calories I am allowed.
I know that tonight is Chinese food, well I am going to schedule in my diary what i am going to have so I know exactly what calorie I have left for my lunch and make the best choices.

Hopefully on Monday my scale will tell me I have lost a further pound!

Have a great week end everybody.

HWG :happy:

Replies

• thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kudos HWG for sticking to it and seeing where you can improve on your journey to weight loss. I saw today I wasn't eating enough calories and that caused me to binge a little even though I haven't gone over my calories for the day yet, I'm almost there. So that should tell you how much I binged today. Don't beat yourself up to much if you go over. As long as you are bringing down your calories from what you ate before and are trying to bring it down more, I saw good on you. This is a lifestyle change we are all going through and it won't be easy. So just stick with it and keep going. You can do it! Good luck on Saturday and Sunday and I hope you get to bid farewell to another pound come Monday. :-)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good job for sticking with it!! It's hard at first, but I promise you that you'll love it once you get used to it. And you'll start to dislike the foods, etc. when you veer off track.

Good luck!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit! You can do it!!
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    Good on you for sticking to it and trying to stay within your goals. If I find I'm over on my calories towards the end of the day I have a step at home and have a stepping workout to try to get back under. (does always get there but I get close) good luck.
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello.

Thank you all for your message.
    I thought that I would update you (but writing it is also confirming it to myself and reinforcing this message to myself):
    Saturday has come and gone and I STUCK TO IT. 57 calories left yesterday and yet I treated myself to an amazing chinese: Chow main and lemon chicken. :tongue:

So here we go Sunday: Nice Chicken Roast with lots of vegetable for lunch (and even bought new potatos to replace for me the roast potatos that I will prepare for hubby).

I can do it I know, hopefully my scale will recognize my effort tomorrow morning.

HWG :happy: