Victorious Fitness Challenge. . .June 20

Options
Hey is this the last day? (Victoria Day, May 19, one month later?) is it time for a new name? I'm so confused.

So, I just weighed and I'm down two pounds from last week's weight, which puts me back in my "goal range". It's amazing how the scale can rule your life, even if you're a pretty normal person otherwise. . .or, even if you're me.:tongue:

Met all my goals yesterday, including "make-up calories" for the day before. I'm so grateful for my "destination walking". I don't know how often I'd just go walk for forty minutes, but if I have someplace to go, I do it. I still wish I had the nerve to bike in the city, though. . .

So, in case we're starting new, I want to continue with my current goals for the next month, which as of now are:
hard cardio (600+ calories per session) 2 times a week
light cardio (300ish calories per session) 2 times a week
bikram (500ish) 2 times a week
enforced day off (may include walking or housecleaning) 1 day a week.

water and vits everyday. "charts" every week. . .I really need to go buy some gold star stickers. . . and small rewards after each week.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hey is this the last day? (Victoria Day, May 19, one month later?) is it time for a new name? I'm so confused.

So, I just weighed and I'm down two pounds from last week's weight, which puts me back in my "goal range". It's amazing how the scale can rule your life, even if you're a pretty normal person otherwise. . .or, even if you're me.:tongue:

Met all my goals yesterday, including "make-up calories" for the day before. I'm so grateful for my "destination walking". I don't know how often I'd just go walk for forty minutes, but if I have someplace to go, I do it. I still wish I had the nerve to bike in the city, though. . .

So, in case we're starting new, I want to continue with my current goals for the next month, which as of now are:
    hard cardio (600+ calories per session) 2 times a week
    light cardio (300ish calories per session) 2 times a week
    bikram (500ish) 2 times a week
    enforced day off (may include walking or housecleaning) 1 day a week.

water and vits everyday. "charts" every week. . .I really need to go buy some gold star stickers. . . and small rewards after each week.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    What is "bikram"?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    it's also called "hot yoga". . .yoga done in a room heated to around 100 degrees F. It's my latest self-challenge.
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, V, on dropping 86 pounds. That is amazing! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I say we reword the challenge on Monday (when we make rope more people into joining). I'll be out of town too, so I don't have to make the decision. I'm going up to big D for husband's 20 year high school reunion. We are also going by the Trikke store. I'm going to check them out - see if I want one.

Yesterday did elliptical and walking as promised. Today I think I do a video and maybe some walking. Probably should go to kickboxing, but I haven't decided how I feel about that class.

My goals will be the same as well. When I'm up for a real challenge, I'm going to add "not take the car" for one errand a day - or something like that. It won't happen in the summer. I heard on NPR yesterday someone who rode their bike everywhere within 10 miles (to save $) - thought it was a great idea, but I'm not ready for that - especially when it's 100 degrees. I also will try "yoga on the porch" this next month to see if I can get the calorie burn V did.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Cool thanks! We dont have anything like that around here. And yes congrats! Your so awesome!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I say we reword the challenge on Monday (when we make rope more people into joining). I

That sounds great. . .that's when my current chart ends. The weekly thing is magic. It's part of my new philosophy of breaking everything down into small goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Can I join? How do I join? What do I have to do?
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Can I join? How do I join? What do I have to do?

Of course, we'd love to have you!

You just make a list of goals and post everyday. One goal is fitness and we post what we did, walking/elliptical/yoga/etc, each day.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. What do I need to do? Is it to late?:drinker: :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. What do I need to do? Is it to late?:drinker: :drinker:

It's never too late, welcome aboard! Just post with us everyday.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    So where do I post?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    we start a new thread everyday. (whoever's up first . . .) and then chime in with our goals for the day, and sometimes an update on how we did the day before, the weather where we are. . .etc. . .:flowerforyou:

Welcome!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    It says here that I should burn about 1010 cals a week. I dont know if I can do that! I havent really been exercising at all! But I guess it's not too late to start! Here are my goals..

Bike 22.8km 76mins (about 700cals)
    Hike with 20lbs 40mins (about 450cals)
    Jog 0.9km 20mins (about 210cals)

4 days a week
    1360 cals altogether
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies!
    Alright, I didn't get to work out or post yesterday for good reason. We had some bad storms come through in the morning and the power was out for 7 hours! It was getting kind of toasty by the time they got it back on! Then my son had his tumbling class in the morning and a therapist coming out in the afternoon. It was just a crazy day.
    Today my goals are to drink all my water, although I'm not really keeping track so far, so I just need to drink a lot; and to get some exercise which was walking for 45 minutes this morning. It was hot and I got a tan! I don't tan usually. I burn! So a light tan is promising!
    I am going to try harder next week to get my exercise in. It will be hard since my family will be here from San Antonio for a couple of days. I am going to the store tomorrow and leaving all the junk food there! No more snack foods. Just fruits and veggies. I'm trying to cut out a bunch of junk in my diet. I will mess up a few times next week because of my family being here and we have a birthday party to go to and a family reunion next Saturday. EESH! Maybe this won't be a good week. lol I'm done rambling.
    Melissa
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Just got back from an hour walk. . .that will have to do for the day, as I am wiped out. (today was "light cardio" and supposed to be dance class . . .but I don't think I'll make it tonight.)

See you tomorrow, ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi ladies...Welcome newbies!

Today was day three of Level 3 30 Day Shred. No easier-BUT I got my first pair of size 8 jeans since High School 30 some odd years ago:bigsmile: so it must be working! I also mowed the yard and did my grocery shopping. Gonna go for a bike ride after dinner with my little one.

I didn't reach my goal of five pounds this time, but I did lose 2 pounds and BOUGHT SIZE 8 JEANS!!!!!! Yes, I'm just a little excited.

TGIF & cya tomorrow:heart:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies, you had an amazing week! :flowerforyou: I'm still in St. Louis, heading out for the 10+ hour drive home in the morning. I miss my husband & lil one sooooo much! :cry:

I have been walking all over downtown St. Louis (the flood waters aren't bad here) and carrying exhibit hall goodie bags weighing over 10lbs a piece most days, so I know i'm o.k. on my exercise, but I also managed to do an hour on the treadmill & some stair stepper the other night. I'm so exhausted from sitting in lectures all week, I truly just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep.

I will have to report on my progress when I get back, as I have gone all week without weighing myself. I don't think all the diet cokes or the gianormous cheeseburger with onion straws and french fries that I ate at 10pm last night helped, but I was so hungry!!!!! :blushing: The rest of the week I've been eating salads, grilled chicken, more salads: very conscious choices.

I will be back on line Sunday!
    :drinker:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Super Secret Location #1!

I'm on the road now with X home Makeover. I wish I had remembered to weigh myself before I left, oh well.

Today was a loooonggg day -- I'm glad I got my workout in yesterday.

I did hit the the (tiny) hotel gym tonight for 30 minutes AND only ordered ice water, a baked potato and some steamed veggies at the bar tonight for dinner. I think before I would have been embarrassed (these shoots are always a big crew reunion -- I'm a newbie on the set -- with a lot of drinking and a LOT of time spent at the bar), but I just said who cares what they think, I want to be healthy this entire shoot!

I'm feeling chubby.

I'm also scared to up my calories, since I feel like I haven't been losing anything lately. My jeans feel tight.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Viv -- weekly goals have been working well for me also. In fact, I took a dry-erase marker and wrote up a calendar on the glass of this Gawd-awful hotel room art, so now I have a visual calendar to look at for the duration of the shoot.

Today:
    ~ 30 minutes on exercycle
    ~ Kept within calories, kept them healthy

Tomorrow:
    ~ Trying for hotel room yoga and 45 minutes of elliptical

G'night!