Too much Protein?

Options
Okok, I know protein is supposed to make you feel more full, but when I have a lot of protein (~100g) my stomach growls ALLLL day and night. I'm not hungry, but it growls and growls and growls. Where if I have only lower amounts(~60g) then I am perfectly fine, but when protein is down, that means carbs are up. I know carbs aren't bad, but I'd rather protein than carbs and I get enough of them anyways.

Does this happen with anyone else ? What are your experiences with higher amounts of protein ?

Replies

• vegaspfmf
    vegaspfmf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You should consume 1g of protein per 1lb of lean body mass so im gonna assume 100grams of protein is not too much protein. Could be protein source. not the amount
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein are you eating? I get that way from protein bars and powders but feel pretty good when I eat animal source protein (eggs, meat and dairy).
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm ~120lb and probably 26% body fat so my lbm should be around 88lb. I've been doing some moderate weight lifting and body weight exercises, so I'm trying to consume more protein to get my bf down.

I've been eating mostly Chicken Breast and Beef either in the form of patties or Tacos. I eat usually 8 - 12oz of those meat sources a day.. Then misc protein usually makes up the rest (nuts, peanut butter, milk).

BUT I have noticed when I have whey protein it is usually worse. I mix it with my coffee sometimes-- is whey + coffee a bad combo?