This sucks so much!!!!!!

Options
I've been weighing myself on a digital scale and I just found out that it's not the right weight. I bought a dial scale and weighed my five pound weight to make sure it was accurate before I weighed in. I says I'm 3 lbs heavier!!! I just really want to cry right now. :sad:

Replies

• bkardong
    bkardong Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you've consistently been weighing on the digital, though, your change in weight is accurate. It's not about the number, it's about your health!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    If you've consistently been weighing on the digital, though, your change in weight is accurate. It's not about the number, it's about your health!
    very much agree, when all is said and done, won't how you feel about yourself and how your body feels be far more important than a mere number on a scale? I hope so!!!
  • CrazyEd89
    CrazyEd89 Posts: 2
    Options
    That is normal. All scales either digital, dial or weighted scale has some differences based on how they are calibrated. 3 lbs is the normal standard deviation between types of scales. If its any more than that then you are looking at an adjustment issue (floor uneven, or not being totally balanced on the scale). This happens on Doctor and Dial Scales. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks guys. I know it's ultimately about my health and the changes I've made. I was just having a mini freakout about it. I feel better getting it off my chest instead of drowning my sorrows in ice cream. :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    after losing 10 pounds, and going down a size, I was in Publix shopping. they are known for having a HUGE faced scale right in the front of the store. As I jumped on the scale with a big smile on my face, and all the ppl checking out behind me, the scale went right back to the pre-weightloss weight!

"NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" I cried (and LOUD too!!) ppl in line LOL and one lady was close by........she said "Honey NEVER weigh on any scale but the one in your bathroom!" (Thank you God)

She then told me her weight and got on the scale........it was 9 pounds heavier.

Hmm...........I notice they moved that scale into the buggy cove outside now :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I know it's ultimately about my health and the changes I've made. I was just having a mini freakout about it. I feel better getting it off my chest instead of drowning my sorrows in ice cream. :)

That is what we are here for!! :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't agree with the dial scale. My changes all the time, even within the same minute. Go with the digital. As long as the battery is still working right, I would trust it more.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Over the course of time I have had three different scales plus the two at each doctors and the one at the gym. They are all a little bit different. Oh well, the point is not the number it is the consistent loss of fat. What you look like is way more important. Take your measurements too. (someone probably already suggested that but I only skimmed the replies.)

Best of luck!!!!

D