30 Day Shred Help Please

Options
siany01
siany01 Posts: 319 Member
I am on day 3 of level 2 today, well I should be. I have some pain in my knee that's not exercise soreness so I am wondering if I should not do the work out today or if I should just push through it?

I really want to keep going and wondered if anyone else doing it has had knee pain and just pushed through or if waiting a day or two for it to subside is the better option.

This is the first time ever I have wanted to do exercise at home so badly. When I can afford the Gym I get hooked and cant' wait to go but I have never enjoyed working out at home and normally quit after a few days so I really don't want to loose momentum.

Thanks

Replies

• ellygolightly
    Options
    Maybe try following Anita (she's the one who does the beginners level on the right side of the screen) and if it's too much then do some low impact exercises that don't involve the knee?

I hope youre ok!
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had the same problem and I play a lot of squash and go running, I found modifying it slightly helped. So if there were lots of lunges, I did squats. And that seemed to help as I wasn't moving as much and putting too much pressure on my knees. I'm on level 3 now and I love it. Xx
  • siany01
    Options
    Thanks for your reply's. I think I will give it a go. My heating and hot water has gone kaput this morning and I have just been up and down in the loft and searching the house top to bottom for a sheet of paper I have to have for the repair man and realised my knee was hurting less so think the movement is helping. If I find it hurts I will modify the movements.

Thanks very much :smile:
  • siany01
    Options
    Haha I already follow Anita, Natalie scares me. Maybe next time I do it I will be up to following her but I have gone from 0 to doing this every day so Anita is where I live for now :)
  • siany01
    Options
    Well I did it and and really pleased I did, I had to change one lot of star jumps to knee ups and (this is a technical term) one lot of twisty side to side thingys to knee ups but I managed the rest and my knee doesn't hurt anymore than it did already. I think I compensated with other muscles as well as I can feel it more in my abs today.

Something I have never said about home exercise before is I LOVE THIS WORK OUT !!!!