post detox?

Options
i did a detox (48hr rapid detox) about 2 weeks ago and ever since then, i can't seem to eat take away food anymore. also started drinking 3+ liters of water with lemon juice and herbal tea for around 3 weeks. for example, today i went out and had some take out food and my stomach and liver area feels burning, and like someone is pressing on it. i was nauseous for about 4 hours and had a slight headache... my body seems to be rejecting "unclean" foods... this is the first time its happend to me and feels very strange.

when i was on the detox, i was nauseous and headachy and very tired... but after about a week i started to feel better again, just not being able to tolerate foods bought instead of my own cooking. the detox only lasted about 4 days (i took fewer doses because i have lupus sle and kidney complications), but its like my whole body was reset or something?

anyone done detox and have any explainations about why i'm feeling this way? i'm assuming its a good thing.
thanks for any help!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Detox do not work. There is no science behind the claims. So if your having problems something else will be the problem be it your general diet or psychological. Personally with some of your symptoms if they persisted I'd go and see a Doctor.
  • humblestudent
    humblestudent Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    sorry mate maybe i didnt explain myself properly... ok, so i know there's alot of claims out there that says detox doesnt work. i am fully aware of it. but i am saying that i feel like crap now every time i eat take out foods. its a good thing. if i eat my home cooking with vegies and brown rice i'm fine. its when i eat unhealthy foods now after my detox that i feel like crap. i dont know if that makes any sense? it is a good thing because take out food isnt good for u. they proly use lard to fry foods with lots of sauce and preservatives and meats that are not free range organic etc.

in other words what i'm trying to say is that my body is rejecting bad foods now, after i've done the detox. i just wanted someone to explain that to me better cause i dont really understand how a 1 week detox can change my body like that when even when i went vegan i could still eat crap foods and not feel like crap if that makes sense?