Hello, I'm new too!

Options
I'm 56 and out of shape! I have about 20 pounds to loose to be in my "good" BMI range. I had weight loss surgery 8 years ago and lost 120+ lbs. The last couple of years my weight has crept up and I've started the old "yo-you" routine. I started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago (yuk, never been an exercise lover) and have been cycling 5 mi. a day M-F. Actually, have started enjoying the exercise and maintaining a food diary. Who would have thunk it! I'll be visiting family out of town in mid October, so my goal is to loose a minimum of 15 lbs. by then.

Replies

• ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the site, I'm on my second week and finding it an excellent site, everyone are so friendly and supportive.
    Good luck Karen x
  • angelfire478
    Options
    1418947.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter Hi I am new here. I need to loose 90 lbs. I started the 400 calorie fix 12 days ago, and walking away the pounds with Leslie Samsone. I have lost 10 pounds since I started the program. Just signed up here last night so it doesn't reflect my 10 lbs I lost. I just want to get healthy so I will live longer and wear smaller clothes
  • MarjiBMe
    MarjiBMe Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I joined months ago - but just became active a couple weeks back. The site is awesome - the people are even better! I just turned 50 this past April & figured there's no time like the present to get back into some semblance of shape.
  • 01698lily
    01698lily Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I am excited to start today! I have heard wonderful things about this site :smile:
    I would like to lose 100 pounds....... I need to. I had a great day - i love the automatic journal which
    keeps track of my calories and I noticed my housecleaning counted as exercise! Yea!!!! I need to increase my water any tips???
  • paradisegal
    paradisegal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck to you on your journey. I also love the food diary. In regards to water consumption, I've found that by filling the 64 oz. (yikes) container I used to drink diet soda from, meets my water allotment for the day. I have it sitting on my desk at work and every time I get up I make my self take a drink. I've not been so great about drinking a lot of water on the weekends, however. :drinker:
  • paradisegal
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I found this site last Fall, but do to having hip surgery earlier in the year, I didn't really get serious until a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to following everyone's progress. I really enjoy the tips and success stories!

Laurie
  • paradisegal
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Being in my 50's myself, I also want to be in the best shape I can be. Taking it one day and one pound at a time! Good luck to us all.
  • paradisegal
    Options
    Congrats on your 10 lb. loss! Walking is sooo underated! Keep up the good work and it will pay off.