Raspberry Ketone. Golden or Fad?

Options
I'm not sure if this has already been talked about in the community but I came across this article,

http://healthysolutiontrends.com/uk/diet/

and it's titled: "How To Lose 2.5 Stone of Stomach Fat in Just 1 Month With These 2 Diet Cleanses That Celebrities Use"

What scares me is that, losing that amount in a month is quite drastic, and surely this cannot be good for your body in the long run??

What are your thoughts? Has anyone tried this or is it all just a big gimmick? :noway:

Replies

• stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gimmick! Massive gimmick! AVOID. Honestly, you'll just end up wasting money.The problem with pages like that is that they can claim *anything* and not show any of the studies or case study to back up their claims.

I am a scientist though, so i tend not to trust unless results have been independently verified and complete transparency has been shown in regards to all the trials and case studies, and subsequently peer reviewed. You rarely find that with those kinds of products.

Sadly (for me, I'm 170+) nothing like that works.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones have been extensively discussed here and the vast majority think they are non-effective and a waste of money.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.

The funniest thing with these supplements is that they always say 'along with a healthy diet..' well duhhhh a healthy diet = weight loss.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Scam, if they worked we would all be at our goal weights.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Lol oh no I wouldn't do it! It's just someone sent me this link and they're seriously thinking about joining! I'm totally against it. I prefer doing it the old fashioned way of eating healthy and doing the exercise!

Also, with further research, just saw on watchdog that it's a scam site! :(
    I do hope my mate hasn't purchased it already!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL WHICH WILL MAKE FAT SUDDENLY VANISH!!!
    Anything which claims to make fat disappear from a specific site is a scam, as no such thing exists, other than liposuction.