heel pain...please help me fix it!

Options
I had knee surgery a couple months ago. I think that in the process of compensating for my knee and probably walking differently, I've injured my heel. I'm pretty sure it's plantar fasciitis but it's killing me and i just can't get it to resolve itself. I started working out again two weeks ago, Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, and when I'm exercising it really doesn't hurt and I know I didn't hurt it exercising but when I go to walk after sitting for any length of time (like after driving, sitting at my desk, etc. ) and by the end of the day my foot hurts so badly I just can hardly stand it. So, two questions: (1) should I stop working out until it gets resolved -- I really don't want to but I don't want to prolong it if that's what it's going to do; and (2) how do it make it better????

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer me!

Replies

• vaangoin1
    vaangoin1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I like to suggest you yoga http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsk0NsecnM just start it and see the effect.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I had knee surgery a couple months ago. I think that in the process of compensating for my knee and probably walking differently, I've injured my heel. I'm pretty sure it's plantar fasciitis but it's killing me and i just can't get it to resolve itself. I started working out again two weeks ago, Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, and when I'm exercising it really doesn't hurt and I know I didn't hurt it exercising but when I go to walk after sitting for any length of time (like after driving, sitting at my desk, etc. ) and by the end of the day my foot hurts so badly I just can hardly stand it. So, two questions: (1) should I stop working out until it gets resolved -- I really don't want to but I don't want to prolong it if that's what it's going to do; and (2) how do it make it better????

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer me!

I don't really know anything about your issue but i will say I broke a toe 1.5 years ago, ended up not being able to hardly walk or drive because of that toe putting my lower back out and that was fixed with chiro but the ball of my foot still hurts me when I exercise. Maybe try swimming while it heals? I don't think being on it too much can be good. Best of luck for a fast recovery!