can i be like body builder with 5x5 strong lift?

Options
i want to be like them...

im on 2weeks now going 3rd week im planning to do it with one year plan

do u think i can be like them? im chobby right now im male im 21 years old.

Replies

• chris90w
    chris90w Posts: 19
    Options
    yes you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo

he can, you can
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ah yeah Jon, he is in my fb, cool dude, great results!
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 63 and have been doing the 5x5 for 5 weeks now and I have noticed a big difference in strength and how my body responds. I would say keep it up and when your squating 300lbs you'll be glad you did.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you want to be a bodybuilder go follow a bodybuilding style work out. :wink: 5x5 is not.
  • chris90w
    Options
    Keep your focus on one thing and execute it. 5x5 is amazing.
    so progressiv overload.

do not do any bodybuilding routline, for what? wanna be weak? do bodybuilding routline.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If you want to be a bodybuilder go follow a bodybuilding style work out. :wink: 5x5 is not.

Yes it is, 5x5 was the original method of BB training.

Bodybuilders back in the 1930-1950 trained with 5x5 all the time, 5 day a week 'bro splits' only became popular when people started taking more and more steroids. Reg Park trained with 5x5 almost exclusively and he certainly looked like a bodybuilder.

Of course eventually you will need to add in some isolation work to address certain bodyparts, or look at a similar style workout which includes some additional isolation work such as
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063&page=1
    do not do any bodybuilding routline, for what? wanna be weak? do bodybuilding routline.

Thats not really correct either.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    And that's what I was talking about. More isolation work. I don't see you isolate one single muscle following a standard 5x5 program. You'll build a solid strength base following 5x5 but eventually you will ot progress anymore. Better results using a different split.
  • chris90w
    Options
    And that's what I was talking about. More isolation work. I don't see you isolate one single muscle following a standard 5x5 program. You'll build a solid strength base following 5x5 but eventually you will ot progress anymore. Better results using a different split.

question is why? Top bodybuilder you ask a question which exercise is the best, they always say, compount.

1)dips and deadlifts
    2)frontsquat and chinups.

add weight with chinups, and tell me your bicep won't grow!

stop thinking, more is more. DAMN YES,

LESS IS MORE ;)
  • phjorg
    phjorg Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    you don't get big without being strong. to get strong you do strength training.

for someone new to lifting, a BB split is pointless. they just can't push enough to really get any results. Not to mention the volume is far to low.

5x5 until you can move onto a more intermediate split like PHAT or 5/3/1.