Bye Bye High Blood Pressure :)

Options
lovemitch125
lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
I have had hypertension since I was about 12 years old in middle school (When I started gaining excessive amount of weight through puberty). One day during freshman year of college I went to the doctor because I was sick and they made me come back every week for months because my blood pressure had hit 155/112, actually at one point I think it was 171/115... but they think that one may have been a flaw, because it's almost impossible for an 18 to be that high....

Well long story short, I checked my blood pressure a few days ago, after losing the first 30 lbs with a healthier diet, less sodium and more exercise and finally.... finally finally finally I am 123/71!

Bye Bye Hypertension!!! XD

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • kristinaw1967
    Options
    That's great!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Woohoo that's great to hear, congrats!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great news!! Keep up the good work!!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Congrats!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Nice isn't it? I have only lost 16 lbs since January but the change in my diet has dropped my BP 10 points in both numbers.

Congratulations on your success!
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Thanks everyone, :blushing: I'm just excited that I dont have to worry about not being able to do things when I'm older because my blood pressure is too high :bigsmile:
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing your success and giving us hope!
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Nice isn't it? I have only lost 16 lbs since January but the change in my diet has dropped my BP 10 points in both numbers.

Congratulations on your success!

Congrats! That's Great! :)
  • emakat87
    emakat87 Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats!!!

This is my goal as well... I had a good reading few weeks ago but want it to be permanent!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My doctor has already reduced my medication, but I hope to say bye bye altogether to my meds soon!
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Awesome! My doctor has already reduced my medication, but I hope to say bye bye altogether to my meds soon!

That's wonderful! Keep it up!
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    Congrats!!!

This is my goal as well... I had a good reading few weeks ago but want it to be permanent!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Yes, I hope mine is permanent. Have a doctors appt in a few months, so we'll see. Good luck!
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!
    I've had the same goal. Mine has gotten pretty close to healthy, but could still go down a little more.
    BTW your before & after profile pic is as inspiring as your health progress :)
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've had high BP for 20+ years - finally off all meds! It's a great feeling. Congrats to you!
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    That's fantastic. So good for your heart to be fit. I can relate because I have HBP too. Unfortunately even after losing 70 lbs, I am still on meds for it but it's under control and I feel great. Keep up the good work and healthy life style.
  • julamoore
    julamoore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! As a fellow hypertensive person, I KNOW what a huge deal that is! Keep it up!
  • lovemitch125
    Options
    @Sunny- Thank you so much :bigsmile: I'll have a new side by side when I reach my goal weight.
    @Juz- Congrats to you as well. I was never on medications for it because my mother is against meds to help with problems, but not having them and still getting rid of it makes me feel a little stronger
  • pinksands143
    Options
    OMG I was put on high blood pressure meds a month ago. I have to loose this weight ugh
    I dont want anymore health problems!!!
    Please add me as a friend :)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So happy for you. I went on meds 3 years ago but will never be off because the one I am on is also for chronic migraines. Just have to watch for it not to get too low.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!